Ref ID: 00370-0011462328
Classification: Jr. Paralegal
A small, fast-paced intellectual property law firm, is seeking a Paralegal to provide support to their Attorneys in a busy practice. MUST have at least 1 year experience working in IP, specifically Patent Prosecution. They will train on all aspects of the position but are looking for someone that has knowledge and experience with the USPTO and patent filings (PCT). If you are interested, apply now!
Applicants must also be willing and able to provide front desk coverage and administrative support on an as-needed basis.
Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
• Assists attorneys, agents and/or legal analysts in preparing and filing patent and trademark documents with the Patent and Trademark Office (PTO), filing international application (PCT) documents, and corresponding with foreign associates and annuity service providers.
• Assists with calendaring and docketing correspondence to and from the Patent and Trademark Office (PTO) for patent and trademark matters.
• Maintains record of elapsed time for billing and statistical purposes
• Types correspondence and prepares for mailing as directed.
• Proofreads, photocopies, assembles and distributes prepared materials as necessary.
• Assist with creation, collection, and organization of client and firm files.
• Provide overflow assistance and desk coverage
• Maintain annuities, will train
• Paralegal certificate or bachelor’s degree required, law firm experience preferable.
• 1-2 years of paralegal experience preferred, but not required; willing to train.
• Excellent verbal, written and organizational skills
• Ability to solve problems and simultaneously manage a number of projects
• Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
Robert Half offers great benefits such as 401k, vision, dental, etc.
Robert Half Legal is the premier provider of highly skilled legal professionals, including lawyers, paralegals and legal support personnel, for law firms and corporate legal departments. With locations in Major North American and international markets, Robert Half Legal’s deep network allows access to legal professionals other staffing firms don’t. In addition, we offer legal project management and e-discovery services for a wide range of initiatives, including litigation support and mergers and acquisitions, as well as dedicated, secure space for document review