Our client is a nationwide law firm with offices in over 25 locations. Working with the respective Office Managing Partner, Firm's Chief Talent Officer, Chief Operating Officer and Chief Administrative Services Officer, the Office Administrator is responsible for managing the day-to-day operations of the Firm's San Francisco office in compliance with the policies and procedures of the firm. Ensures peak operating efficiency/profitability and facilitates office growth. Maintains excellent relations/communications with firm management, attorneys, clients, administrative groups, and staff and outside vendors.
- Oversees all office operations, including, but not limited to: workflow processes, IS systems/business equipment, office supplies, inventory control, reception, office services, facilities, records management, space allocation, safety, business continuity, vendor management, and special projects as needed.
- Partners with Human Resources for the recruitment of administrative support staff including reviewing of resumes, interviewing, hiring and on-boarding.
- Trains, supervises, counsels and allocates related human resources. Responsible for performance of all support staff in conjunction with Human Resources; manages the evaluation process; administers disciplinary actions as needed.
- Assists with the successful integration of new attorneys. Facilitates attorney arrival and departure processes; Manages workflow, operations and employee relations.
- Supports attorneys with local client development and marketing initiatives including office participation in various organizations, special programs and hosting events to enhance the firm/office image and visibility in the local community.
- Acts as a liaison between the designated office and various administrative departments within the firm.
- Participates in management meetings and communicates effectively with the Firm Leadership, attorneys, and staff in regards to updates, changes, new developments and other relevant issues impacting the Firm offices.
- Manages all aspects of the office’s legal administrative support; creates and modifies support assignments and coordinates back-up support as needed. Maintains well-balanced assignments according to Firm staffing ratios.
- Coordinates special events and social functions within their office.