Important Note: During the application process, ensure your contact information (email and phone number) is up to date and upload your current resume when submitting your application for consideration. To participate in some selection activities you will need to respond to an invitation. The invitation can be sent by both email and text message. In order to receive text message invitations, your profile must include a mobile phone number designated as 'Personal Cell' or 'Cellular' in the contact information of your application.
At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers' financial needs and help them succeed financially. We're looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you'll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Wells Fargo Technology is a team of more than 40,000 information technology and security professionals who help keep Wells Fargo at the forefront of America's diversified financial services companies. Employees execute an engineering-led IT strategy to deliver stable, secure, scalable and innovative services that provide Wells Fargo global customers ‘round-the-clock' banking access through in-store, online, ATM, and other channels. Wells Fargo Technology plays a critical role in the company's customer and employee experience, business and risk management transformation, and growth agenda.
The Financial Systems and Technology group (FST) within Wells Fargo Technology (WFT) / Enterprise Functions Technology (EFT) is seeking a Lead Data Engineer (Software Sr Engineer) to join our Asset and Liability Technology team within Wells Fargo Corporate Treasury. The Lead Data Engineer (Software Sr Engineer) is responsible to provide application design guidance and consultation, utilizing a thorough understanding of applicable technology, tools and existing design. Candidate will be responsible for expanding and optimizing our data and data pipeline architecture, as well as optimizing data flow and collection for cross functional teams. The incumbent should be an experienced data analysis, data pipeline builder and data wrangler who enjoys analyzing data, building and optimizing data systems from the ground up. Their duties include requirement gathering, solution design, development and may include ongoing operational support of the code-line.
- Work with product owners to identify and mature upcoming business needs and develop technical backlog to answer those needs in a timely manner.
- End to end ownership of data process & ETL data pipelines, from ingestion of data to consumption by business intelligence and advanced analytics teams.
- Design, build and maintain automated, self-service data platform, freeing teams to focus on customer features and analysis.
- Evolve existing tools and framework to support new scalability requirements as well new functionality as needed.
- Identify and drive new solutions to enhance the development cycle to increase development productivity.
- Work with team to identify and resolve technical debt to improve the team's throughput.
- 7+ years of software engineering experience
- 7+ years of ETL, data warehouse and data analytics delivery experience on internal or external cloud platforms
- 5+ years of development experience with languages such as Python, Java, Scala, or R
- 5+ years of experience with databases such as Oracle, DB2, SQL server, or Teradata
- 5+ years of data management experience including data modeling, data integrity and data quality
- 5+ years of Agile experience
- 5+ years of SDLC (System Development Life Cycle) experience
- 5+ years of OpenStack experience
- A BS/BA degree or higher
- An industry-standard technology certification
- Strong verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- 3+ years of Big Data experience
- Knowledge and understanding of system requirements, software design, and Interface Control Documents
- Knowledge and understanding of regulatory compliance requirements surrounding business and consumer-lending or deposit laws and regulations
- A BS/BA degree or higher in engineering
Other Desired Qualifications
- 5+ years' experience implementing data warehouse systems.
- Extensive knowledge in fine tuning SQL, understanding optimizers, and execution plans.
- Deep experience designing and implementing highly scalable, distributed application systems.
- Self-motivated, independent, team-player
- Strong understanding of software development life cycle and release management
- Wells Fargo software design experience
CA-SF-Financial District: 333 Market St - San Francisco, CA
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.