Requisition ID: 77693
Sponsorship Available: Yes
Relocation Assistance Available: Yes
Goodyear. More Driven.
About the Position
The Software Engineer Lead will be a recognized leader in the development of scalable software applications to meet New Ventures objectives. This position will manage a cross-functional team to set and deliver against project objectives. The incumbent will identify potential problems before they occur and propose appropriate mitigation solutions, while also prioritizing objectives/strategies that best deliver to the business’s needs. Additionally, he/she will create an environment/culture that encourages collaboration - Not only between teams, functions and divisions but globally as well. This associate will be recognized as a knowledge resource - Making/Driving quality decisions based on quick disciplined experimentation, prototyping and user/market feedback.
AndGo by Goodyear operates in over 15 cities in the United States (U.S.), with plans to further expand in the US and globally. AndGo is a platform enabled service that offers vehicle servicing to new mobility companies (e.g. car sharing, ride hailing, electric vehicles and autonomous mobility). In this role, you will be part of a team responsible for designing, engineering and operating a new business for Goodyear.
- Develop/Test enhancements, bug fixes and new features for software applications.
- Analyze/Design new features/enhancements - Working closely with our Product/Design partners and Senior Engineers.
- Provide support for our application and users by triaging, resolving or escalating issues reported by users or by system monitors/alerts.
- Perform local managerial activities (i.e. making hiring decisions; executing performance management/associate development processes, recognition/performance improvement plans and disciplinary actions; communicating/enforcing policies/procedures; performing out-source/customer/associate relations). Apply all Human Resource (HR) policies/procedures fairly and equitably. Coach, mentor and empower team members to grow into future roles.
- Research/Implement improvements to our application development process/tools (including continuous integration [CI]/continuous development [CD] improvements and application monitoring/logging.
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science or a related field required, Masters degree in Computer Science or a related field desired
- 7 or more years of experience designing/delivering software applications - Working on an Agile software development team(s)
- Experience translating complex feature requirements and design specifications into technical use cases - Managing ambiguity
Skills and Abilities
- Experience leading the design of software applications
- Experience designing/implementing continuous integration (CI)/continuous development (CD) processes
- Experience managing/prioritizing user requests, developing detailed feature requirements and leading creation of technical designs/working software
Goodyear is one of the world’s largest tire companies. It employs about 62,000 people and manufactures its products in 46 facilities in 21 countries around the world. Its two Innovation Centers in Akron, Ohio and Colmar-Berg, Luxembourg strive to develop state-of-the-art products and services that set the technology and performance standard for the industry. For more information about Goodyear and its products, go to www.goodyear.com/corporate.
Goodyear is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to that individual's race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you need reasonable accommodation to complete the online application, or any other part of the employment process, please contact the Goodyear Candidate Care Line at 330.796.4500.