The Learning Vendor Management Operations Specialist will provide front-line customer service to internal team members and external vendor partners and operationalize key processes to allow us to grow and scale. The ideal candidate will be a detail-oriented, get-things-done professional who can think strategically, adapt quickly, and rapidly earn credibility and trust with all levels of the organization. They will exhibit great communication & planning skills, teamwork, motivation, and an upbeat attitude. This person will be highly organized, productive, poised, and able to thrive in high-pressure, time-sensitive scenarios, and able to adapt to rapidly changing requirements.
location: Menlo Park, California
job type: Contract
salary: $65 - 70 per hour
work hours: 8 to 5
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 5 Years
- Coordinate vendor processes (e.g. track, measure, report and evaluate vendor performance)
- Provide guidance to internal stakeholders on procurement processes and maintain procurement ethics in accordance with Facebook's global policies.
- Lead & project manage procurement initiatives requiring coordination across L&D and cross-functional partners
- Coordinate and prepare business reviews with stakeholders to review vendor performance, future opportunities, and/or challenges
. - Monitor contractual agreements, access, assets and spend by external vendor
- Troubleshoot, manage and escalate risks and issues and collaborate with cross-functional partners on resolution
- Partner with cross-functional teams including People Operations, Sourcing and Legal and other Facebook teams to ensure excellent execution of o outsourcing/professional services engagements, o monitoring vendor compliance, contractual obligations and measure performance o managing audits of L&D vendors against Facebook's internal compliance and regulations
- Take appropriate corrective action with suppliers to ensure their compliance with purchase orders, contractual terms and any necessary compliance for poor performance
- Innovate within the space creating, automating or improving tools or processes that support better management of vendors and associated spends within contractual agreement
- Serve as the first point of contact for all vendor service requests and escalations. Handle inbound service requests and ensure that they are properly assigned or addressed.
- Liaise with other internal departments as required to resolve vendor's issues and questions
. - Address ad hoc questions and inquiries as needed to support the vendor management program.
- Oversee the day-to-day operations of our vendor teams executing our L&D program operations
- Identify opportunities to optimize and make programs consistent globally while balancing the business need for flexibility
- Understand and apply program strategies to decision making and proposals
- Establish standardized program reporting to deliver insights to program managers
- Make recommendations and create proposals on program changes and conduct cost/benefit analysis of potential operational improvements, as well as day to day decisions
- Develop and ensure standard operating procedures are in place for programs supported by the team globally
- Conduct data analysis and present insights with internal stakeholders to understand opportunities to improve
- Maintain a high level of communication with all stakeholders, manage reporting and monitoring, conduct regular performance reviews for vendors and internal stakeholders
- Employ critical thinking and creative problem-solving skills to navigate complex issues that arise
- Strong analytical and data, reporting skills
work in a team environment as well as independently, with minimal supervision
- Ability to work across various levels of the organization, while building trust and fostering collaboration
- MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Access) (Excel ability to create macros, pivot tables, VLOOKUP, analytical capabilities and work books).
- Hands-on knowledge of strategic sourcing methodologies and management processes, Statement of Work (SOW) development, contracting, pricing, and operating models.
- The ability to manage multiple simultaneous projects requiring frequent communication, organization/time management and problem-solving skills.
- Strong analytical skills including the ability to distill, synthesize, and draw conclusions on large amounts of data.
- Strong negotiator with proven experience in setting negotiation strategies and conducting million-dollar negotiations.
- Can assess risk and concisely explain complex issues to principal business owners.
- Extremely customer-focused and takes the time to understand the needs of the business.
- Demonstrated problem solving skills, business acumen with a strong bias for decisionmaking rooted in data and analytics
. - Detail and teamwork oriented with demonstrated organizational skills
- Ability to build effective relationships, consult, influence, and manage clients, and drive efforts and projects through relationships and a broad knowledge base.
- Ability to work well as part of a global team, demonstrating personal accountability and integrity.
- Highly results-focused, excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to influence in complex matrix environment
- Minimum 5 years of Vendor Management experience in a global footprint/delivery environment
- Proven track record of working with cross functional teams across multiple business lanes resulting in the definition & implementation of procurement strategies.
- Strong attention to detail and excellent problem-solving skills.
- Event coordination experience
- Data analysis acumen
- Project Management (PMP / PMI) certification
- Experience in L&D Program Operations
- Experience managing an outsourced vendor relationship - Salesforce, Workday and LMS experience
- Bachelor's degree
- 5 years of experience in either L&D or HR Operations
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.