UnitedHealth Group is a company that's on the rise. We're expanding in multiple directions, across borders and, most of all, in the way we think. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about transforming the health care industry. Ready to make a difference? Make yourself at home with us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
As part of the corporate privacy office, this Legal Services Consultant will help the corporate privacy team maintain critical privacy templates, monitor emergent privacy laws, track enterprise digital assets, and support general compliance activities. The successful candidate must have excellent written and verbal communication skills; thrive in a fast-paced, high-volume, independent work environment; quickly master new workstreams; and effectively manage multiple assignments with minimal oversight. This Legal Services Consultant will support a team-oriented, results-driven practice group that counsels on complex privacy and data use matters that impact UnitedHealth Group.
This position may work from a UnitedHealth Group / UHC / Optum office in the U.S., or telecommute from a home office within the U.S.
You'll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Updates privacy law tracking tools based on new and emergent privacy legislation and industry standards
- Maintains tracking systems for enterprise digital assets
- Updates and maintains privacy law tracking tools
- Supports maintenance of intercompany agreements
- Anticipates customer needs and proactively develops solutions to meet them
- Serves as a key resource on complex and/or critical issues
- Succinctly provides explanations and information to others on the most complex issues
- May lead and/or project manage team projects and enterprise initiatives
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor’s degree
- 5+ years of demonstrated experience reviewing and editing legal documents
- Privacy law analysis experience
- Project management or project coordination experience
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word and Excel
- If you need to enter a work site for any reason, you will be required to screen for symptoms using the ProtectWell mobile app, Interactive Voice Response (i.e., entering your symptoms via phone system) or similar UnitedHealth Group-approved symptom screener. When in a UnitedHealth Group building, employees are required to wear a mask in common areas. In addition, employees must comply with any state and local masking orders
- Proven to be detail oriented
- Demonstrated verbal, written, and presentation skills
- Demonstrated analytical reasoning skills
- Healthcare industry experience
- Working knowledge of HIPAA and other privacy breach notification laws
- Experience developing and maintaining operational processes
- Paralegal Certification
Careers at UnitedHealth Group. We have modest goals: Improve the lives of others. Change the landscape of health care forever. Leave the world a better place than we found it. Such aspirations tend to attract a certain type of person. Crazy talented. Compassionate. Driven. To these select few, we offer the global reach, resources and can-do culture of a Fortune 7 company. We provide an environment where you're empowered to be your best. We encourage you to take risks. And we offer a world of rewards and benefits for performance. We believe the most important is the opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $79,700 to $142,600. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. As of the date of this posting, UHG offers the following benefits for this position, subject to applicable eligibility requirements: Health, dental, and vision plans; wellness program; flexible spending accounts; paid parking or public transportation costs; 401(k) retirement plan; employee stock purchase plan; life insurance, short-term disability insurance, and long-term disability insurance; business travel accident insurance; Employee Assistance Program; PTO; and employee-paid critical illness and accident insurance.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Paralegal, Legal, Privacy, Minneapolis, MN, Minnesota, Washington, DC, District of Columbia, Houston, San Antonio, TX, Texas, Atlanta, GA, Georgia, Work At Home, Remote, Work From Home, Telecommute, Telecommuter, Telecommuting, UHG, UnitedHealth Group, UHC, UnitedHealthcare, Optum