At Optum, the mission is clear: Help people live heathier lives and help make the health system work better for everyone
LHI is one of 4 businesses under OptumServe. OptumServe provides health care services and proven expertise to help federal government agencies modernize the U.S. health system and improve the health and well - being of Americans. By joining OptumServe you are part of the family of companies that make UnitedHealth Group a leader across most major segments in the U.S. health care system.
LHI was founded in 1999 and acquired by Optum in 2011, LHI specializes in creating and managing health care programs through on - location services, patient - specific in - clinic appointments, telehealth assessments, or any combination based on customer need. LHI's customizable solutions serve the diverse needs of commercial customers, as well as federal and state agencies, including the U.S. Departments of Defense, Veterans Affairs, and Health and Human Services.
There’s an energy and excitement here, a shared mission to improve the lives of others as well as our own. Ready for a new path? Start doing your life’s best work.SM
The Case Care Coordinator is the primary point of contact for each individual member. They will work directly with the member to take on a holistic, proactive approach as it relates to the members healthcare. The Case Care Coordinator will be very hands on as they work through items such as intake, care plan, treatment needs, as well as coordinating efforts with member’s primary care provider as well as other treatment facilities. The Case Care Coordinator with communicate with a diverse group of people across multi-disciplines while serving as point of contact for internal and external entities. The Case Care Coordinator will also summarize and prepare inquiries to submit to the Medical Director under the supervision of the RN Case Manager.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
- Complete intake calls to welcome members to the program
- Initiate care plans and enter in all relative information from the issues at hand to interventions
- Promote adherence to care plan, developed in coordination with the member, primary care provider as well as other treating providers
- Assess members unmet needs, coordinate services and treatment needs
- Identify early risk factors and conduct ongoing assessments and document appropriately
- Function as an advocate and decrease unnecessary Build and maintain relationships with members and other authorized member representatives
- Educate members on program benefits and preventative care
- Maintain contract expertise through internal as well as external trainings and education programs
- Increase continuity of care by managing relationships with providers involved
- Assist in gaining availability for future appointments
- Complete initial assessment interviews
- Assist in provider selection for annual screening exams, diagnostic evaluations as well as treatment appointments
- Acknowledge member’s rights on confidentiality issues, maintain patient confidentiality at all times, and follows HIPAA guidelines and regulations
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Associate's Degree (or higher) in clinical or medical health administration (LPN, social work, psychology, or related field)
- Experience with medical terminology or completion of medical terminology course
- Intermediate computer skills include Microsoft Office, Microsoft Outlook (email and calendar), Microsoft Excel (using formulas and Pivot tables OR ability to create, edit, copy, send and save spreadsheet), Microsoft Word (creating, saving, formatting, editing documents)
- If you need to enter a work site for any reason, you will be required to screen for symptoms using the ProtectWell mobile app, Interactive Voice Response (i.e., entering your symptoms via phone system) or similar UnitedHealth Group-approved symptom screener. When in a UnitedHealth Group building, employees are required to wear a mask in common areas. In addition, employees must comply with any state and local masking orders
- Required to have a dedicated work area established that is separated from other living areas and provides information privacy
- Ability to keep all company sensitive documents secure (if applicable)
- Must live in a location that can receive a UnitedHealth Group approved high-speed internet connection or leverage an existing high-speed internet service
- Must be able to connect directly into internet – via hard wire (either directly to modem or router)
- Previous applicable healthcare experience
- Bilingual (English/Spanish)
- Knowledge and understanding of CPT and ICD coding
- Call center experience
- National Career Readiness Certificate
- Excellent written and verbal communication, telephone etiquette and interpersonal skills
- Must have strong organizational, multi-tasking and time management skills
- Must be able to implement problem solving skills to facilitate timely completion of required responsibilities for a wide range of cases
UnitedHealth Group is an essential business. The health and safety of our team members is our highest priority, so we are taking a science driven approach to slowly welcome and transition some of our workforce back to the office with many safety protocols in place. We continue to monitor and assess before we confirm the return of each wave, paying specific attention to geography-specific trends. At this time, 90% of our non - clinical workforce transitioned to a work at home (remote) status. We have taken steps to ensure the safety of our 325,000 team members and their families, providing them with resources and support as they continue to serve the members, patients and customers who depend on us. You can learn more about all we are doing to fight COVID-19 and support impacted communities at: https://www.unitedhealthgroup.com/newsroom/addressing-covid.html
Careers with LHI. Our focus is simple. We’re innovators in cost - effective health care management. And when you join our team, you’ll be a partner in impacting the lives of our customers, and employees. We’ve joined OptumHealth, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of companies, and our mission is to help the health system work better for everyone. We’re located on the banks of the beautiful Mississippi River in La Crosse, Wis., with a satellite office in Chicago and remote employees throughout the United States. We’re supported by a national network of more than 25,000 medical and dental providers. Simply put, together we work toward a healthier tomorrow for everyone. Our team members are selected for their dedication and mission - driven focus. For you, that means one incredible team and a singular opportunity to do your life’s best work.SM
Colorado Residents Only: The hourly range for Colorado residents is $17.12 to $30.34. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. As of the date of this posting, In addition to your salary, UHG offers the following benefits for this position, subject to applicable eligibility requirements: Health, dental, and vision plans; wellness program; flexible spending accounts; paid parking or public transportation costs; 401(k) retirement plan; employee stock purchase plan; life insurance, short-term disability insurance, and long-term disability insurance; business travel accident insurance; Employee Assistance Program; PTO; and employee-paid critical illness and accident insurance.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Keywords: LPN, social work, psychology, medical terminology, CPT coding, ICD coding LHI, call center, work at home, work from home, WAH, WFH, remote, telecommute, hiring immediately, #rpo