SAN RAFAEL, CA
The Cook is responsible for preparing food according to the Chef’s instructions and firing the food according to resident orders, ensuring taste, temperature and attractive presentation.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
1. Prepares a variety of sauces and stocks, soups, stews, marinades, vegetables, starches, proteins and garnishes by roasting, poaching, grilling, braising, frying, making dressings and stewing meats.
2. Determines type and amount of food and supplies (i.e. condiments, spices, other flavorings) for assigned menu item(s).
3. Completes cooking process during time of service to ensure proper temperature, flavor and aesthetics.
4. Maintains assigned work station in a safe, sanitary, clean and organized condition.
5. Communicates supply needs to relevant individual(s).
6. Assists with or completes special projects.
7. Maintains proper work station organization with knives and sanitizing solution.
8. Break down and clean each station at the end of each service. Ensure that all kitchen equipment is turned off
9. Remove all food products from production line and wrap properly at the end of each service.
10. Ensures FIFO of all food products. (First in, First out)
11. Reports all food and kitchen issues to the Executive Chef and Dining Services Manager as soon as possible.
12. Responsible to be trained all equipment with blades before using.
13. Organize all Walk-in refrigerators and store rooms.
14. SDS sheet understanding and compliance (Safety Data Sheets).
1. Personal knives, small food processors, mixers, slicing machine.
2. Stove, oven, burners, braisers, kettle pot, steamer, fryer, searing grill, char broiler, stock pots and tilt skillet, meat slicer, soup burners, salad mixer dryer.
WHAT WE LOOK FOR:
1. Broad knowledge of food and cooking techniques.
2. Flexibility for daily changing menus and different kitchen duties
3. Previous line cooks experience.
4. Ability to use knives and other kitchen equipment safely and efficiently during preparation.
5. Ability to lift up to 50 pounds.
6. Ability to interpret and follow instructions, recipes, specifications and standards.
7. Availability to work evenings, weekends and holidays when necessary.
8. Food Handler’s Certification is required.
Interested in this opportunity?
For immediate consideration, please call 415-472-5400 or email your resume to [Click Here to Email Your Resumé] or [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]pros.com (please add “Line Cook” to the subject line of your email).
Must be 18yr+ and Authorized to work in the US
Express can help you find the job that is a good fit for your needs and abilities, and you’ll never pay a fee for our services and support! Contact us today!