Leading the future in luxury electric and mobility
At Lucid, we set out to introduce the most captivating, luxury electric vehicles that elevate the human experience and transcend the perceived limitations of space, performance, and intelligence. Vehicles that are intuitive, liberating, and designed for the future of mobility.
We plan to lead in this new era of luxury electric by returning to the fundamentals of great design – where every decision we make is in service of the individual and environment. Because when you are longer bound by convention, you are free to define your own experience.
Come work alongside some of the most accomplished minds in the industry. Beyond providing competitive salaries, we’re providing a community for innovators who want to make an immediate and significant impact. If you are driven to create a better, more sustainable future, then this is the right place for you.
Notice regarding COVID-19 Vaccination for positions located in Newark, California
At Lucid (the “Company”), we prioritize the health and wellbeing of our employees, families, and friends above all else. In response to the novel Coronavirus, and the increased transmissibility with recent variants, all Lucid Employees whose employment is based in Newark, current and future, must be fully vaccinated and provide proof thereof as a condition of continued or future employment with the Company.
Accommodations due to medical or religious exemptions will be considered.
We are currently seeking a Logistics Transportation Modeling Engineer. This position requires an experienced professional with the ability to model and optimize all transportation networks (Inbound, Finished Vehicle, and Reverse). The successful candidate will have spent considerable time launching new plants and/or new products in an automotive manufacturing environment. This position requires partnership with Supply Chain, QA/QC, Manufacturing, Packaging, Engineering, Finance, and Regulatory Affairs to implement new processes and manage changes. Our ideal candidate exhibits a can-do attitude and approaches his or her work with vigor and determination. Candidates will be expected to demonstrate excellence in their respective fields, to possess the ability to learn quickly and to strive for perfection within a fast-paced environment.
- Work closely with Company’s Supply Chain teams as well as across key cross-functional business partners to understand business drivers/changes, profitability goals and service requirements necessary to plan the movement of goods from vendors
- Work with the Operations team to develop risk plans for all origin and touch points in the supply chain to create efficient flow of goods
- Work with the network planning group, distribution centers, planning and allocation teams to understand and forecast the needs of the transportation organization
- Develop plans to increase the velocity of transportation and deliver cost savings in transportation spend; specifically, by managing all planning and optimization actions
- Creating plans that reduce labor, inventory challenges, and logistics-related costs while improving supply chain flexibility and predictability as it relates to the movement of goods into the distribution network
- Manage the day-to-day analysis of logistics network failures; spotting opportunities for speed, cost and service improvements via cost analysis, transit time analysis, etc.
- Evaluate logistics flows, processes, and systems to identify improvement opportunities, then developing and implementing solutions
- Drive supply chain efficiency/effectiveness as well as solutions to meet ever-changing customer service expectations; pushing innovative solutions for the betterment of our Customers as well as in support of the overall business strategy
- Implement improved processes and methods to generate higher ROI and workflow optimization, including implementing productivity/quality metrics and programs designed to minimize costs and enhance efficiency
- Set up and run an efficient process for implementation of new / changed material suppliers or shipping locations.
- Set up and run an efficient process for implementation of new / changed carriers.
- Gather volumes and requirements and initiate RFQ specifications to transport purchasing.
- Design the transport network based on plant requirements, volumes, available transport rates and benchmarks
- Drive implementation based on results from RFQ, including implementation of carriers and setting up network with rates in TMS.
- Responsible for communication and anchoring of changes with the plant(s)
- Drive cross-functional investigations and analysis with Plant Logistics Engineering and Supply Chain Control to balance optimization of transport cost, tied up capital and storage space.
- Set up KPI structure to track performance and efficiency in both process and network.
- Manage quarterly tactical meetings with each carrier in relation to performance, volumes & capacity and improvements.
- Developing tools, models and processes for continues improvements.
- Align with overall objectives and secure implementation results.
- Ensuring up to date master data in (TMS) and full alignment between TMS and MRP.
- 5+ years relevant experience with automotive logistics, transportation, and global trade process and procedures, preferably in a high-volume environment
- 2+ years of related automotive industry experience and LEAN manufacturing
- High level of analytical ability to solve complex problems
- Strong written and oral communication
- High level of interpersonal skills to work effectively with others
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects, effective project planning in terms of resources, strategies, cost, and time with ability to meet project timelines
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and drive projects to completion in a timely and efficient manner
- Strong computer proficiency in MS Office applications
- Experience with Supply Chain simulation and modeling applications
- Experience with SQL and relational databases.
- Experience developing dashboards using visualization technologies such as Tableau and Power BI preferred
- Ability to communicate effectively through oral presentations and written reports
- Knowledge of software development methodology is a plus
- Candidates with experience in SAP are preferred
- Experience with TMS software applications, specifically JDA TM
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred in Supply Chain Engineering, Logistics Engineering, or related field (Industrial Engineering, Operations Research). An equivalent combination of education, training, and experience may be considered
- LEAN, GK, or Six Sigma Certifications a plus
At Lucid, we don’t just welcome diversity - we celebrate it! Lucid Motors is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, national or ethnic origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and expression, marital status, and any other characteristic protected under applicable State or Federal laws and regulations.
To all recruitment agencies: Lucid Motors does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our careers alias or other Lucid Motors employees. Lucid Motors is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.