Requisition ID # 103824
Job Category : Administrative / Clerical; Transportation
Job Level : Individual Contributor
Business Unit: Shared Services
Mail Services provides mail services support for both the San Francisco and San Ramon locations.
This is an International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers (IBEW) Local 1245 represented classification, which has over 100 years of experience representing employees at PG&E. This job is subject to collective bargaining.
You will be responsible for providing customer service at a mail room counter and picking up mail at the local post office. You must be willing and able to provide coverage in the Oakland and San Ramon mail rooms as needed.
The Utility Clerk Accounting duties are physical in nature with work duties that include loading/unloading, lifting, and pulling and pushing carts.
The hours of the position are Mondays through Fridays, 6:00AM TO 2:30PM.
- Use telephone or email to alert customers of mail acceptance or arrival; staff customer receiving area at a front counter; respond to and assist customers with questions regarding mail, delivery and services offered at front counter, while also delivering and picking up mail; use copier to print copies for customers; use conflict resolution skills to interact with irate and upset customers; provide general mail supplies and carts to customers when requested; respond to and support customers regarding pick-up or delivery of mail.
- Use computers to research employee address information and process incoming overnight mail, UPS, FEDEX, GSO USPS envelopes, boxes and packages.
- Sort mail at the local post office location; sort newspapers into bins; sort, sift, and redistribute envelopes into cubby mail slots; receive incoming and sort outgoing customer-delivered mail and place into appropriate bins; use hand-held scanning machine to obtain and track bar code information from packages and boxes.
- Push carts filled with packages, boxes, crates and bags to and from mail delivery van; load/unload packages, boxes, crates and bags into and out of vehicle; load, unload, and stack trays of mail from flatbed carts; lift, load, and unload boxes and mail received from customers
- Drive vehicle to pick up mail at local post office and to attend meetings and training
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must possess a high school diploma or GED
- Ability to lift 50 pounds and push/pull 70 pounds on a cart a minimum of one time a day
- Ability to stand and/or walk for up to 8 hours a day
- Valid CA driver’s license or ability to obtain by first day of employment
- 6 months of mailroom experience
- Experience with the Pitney Bowes Arrival system
- Clerical Test Battery (CTB)
- Work Orientation Inventory-Clerical (WOI-C)