- Works in conjunction w/ the regional government relations & community relations Depts to help assure a coordinated government & community relations program across the area, region, state & nation. Represents KP in the external community & on relevant GR, public policy, & community boards & committees.
- Identifies & clarifies public issues that affect the organization. Provides political & governmental expertise to Area Leadership & Region Government Relations. Monitor legislative & municipal agendas to identify & address issues w/ potential to impact KP's interests. Ensures high level of knowledge on local governmental process, current elected & appointed officials including understanding of relative influence, ballot & election issues, competitive threats, & governmental political climate.
- Identifies & resolves issues w/ Area management to ensure successful performance toward region-wide CGR strategies. Provides expert consultation & technical assistance regarding CGR initiatives in the region. Obtains consensus from management & implement approach or position.
- Provides strategic support to Area leadership & manages external engagement to support key KP interests including membership & retention, & permitting & entitlement for new facilities.
- Oversees the collecting & evaluation of quantitative & qualitative data. Synthesizes analyses & identifies key findings. Formulates implementation plans & evaluates effectiveness of actions/programs implemented.
- Develops & manages a community relations infrastructure that supports KP's vision of good corporate citizenship. Represents KP's interest externally through appropriate liaisons w/ legislative, regulatory & industry contacts. Cultivates collaborative partnerships w/ Area managers.
- Manages multi-disciplinary project teams including selecting participants, determining goals & priorities & evaluating performance. Manages work of outside consultants as needed.
- Supports the strategic & active involvement of KP physicians, executives & employees in community organizations & activities & also in programs that support the government relations agenda.
- Minimum seven (7) years of experience in community and government relations, public policy or communications.
- Bachelor's degree in communications, health care administration or other relevant field OR four (4) years of experience in a directly related field.
- High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED) required.
License, Certification, Registration
- Knowledge of governmental bodies and community-based organizations that impact the organization.
- Expert interpersonal, communication and presentation skills.
- Strong organizational, analysis and problem solving skills.
- Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership environment.
- Master's degree preferred.
PrimaryLocation : California,Oakland,1950 Franklin
HoursPerWeek : 40
Shift : Day
Workdays : Mon, Tue, Wed, Thu, Fri
WorkingHoursStart : 09:00 AM
WorkingHoursEnd : 05:00 PM
Job Schedule : Full-time
Job Type : Standard
Employee Status : Regular
Employee Group/Union Affiliation : NUE-NCAL-09|NUE|Non Union Employee
Job Level : Manager with Direct Reports
Job Category : External Affairs / Relations,Communications & Public Affairs
Department : Oakland Reg - 1950 Franklin - Rgnl PA-Commnty&Gov Reltns - 0208
Travel : No
Kaiser Permanente is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, parental status, ancestry, disability, gender identity, veteran status, genetic information, other distinguishing characteristics of diversity and inclusion, or any other protected status.