Requisition ID # 72605
Job Category : Project / Program Management
Job Level : Manager/Principal
Business Unit: Electric Operations
The Electric Operations Asset Knowledge Management (AKM) organization’s vision is to enable risk-informed, data driven decision-making by leveraging and improving records/data, managing and integrating data systems, and enabling technology. The major functions of the AKM organization include data management and analytics; emerging technology RD&D; technology portfolio management; and GIS asset data management and improvement. AKM works closely with partners across Electric Operations and IT to collaboratively and strategically supporting PG&E's mission critical processes.
The Manager, Technology Program Management will report to the Senior Manager, Technology Portfolio Management. The Manager will act as an integral partner and business liaison between Electric Operations and Information Technology to ensure that the EO Technology Portfolio of projects are managed to completion. This role monitors internal and external factors that affect the planning, forecasting and successful execution of the technology project portfolio, and determines, recommends and implements adjustments as needed. The Manager will work collaboratively with business units and IT partners to ensure work is completed and delivers the intended business value to Electric Operations.
- Influence team to effectively manage the Electric Operations portfolio of projects in partnership with IT and the business and drive an integrated, cross-functional portfolio of technology deployments.
- Lead the business case intake for inflight work and governance processes for assigned partner organizations, ensuring all due diligence and analysis including benefits identification and realization is performed thoroughly and confirmed with approvals by senior leaders.
- Identify, evaluate, and recommend material changes to scope, schedule or budget to deliver business outcomes.
- Develop a strong understanding of project issues, risks, and impacts on inter-related projects and evaluate potential changes and balances trade-offs.
- As business needs evolve, support line-of-business project leads to adjust and re-align project scope, schedule, and budget.
- Perform or lead metrics to track project progress as well as measure the outcome of completed projects in terms of lessons learned and opportunities for improvement.
- Manage EO technology budget, assist teams with proper forecasting to ensure proper portfolio level financial accounting.
- Responsible for managing the Non-Project Application Enhancement (NPAE) process, intake and prioritization for non-SAP Work Management including funding for SAP and Non-SAP related enhancements.
- Lead EO Mobile technology planning, roadmap development, project oversight and prioritization including the management of mobile device strategy.
- Develops and delivers presentation on program status, risk and corrective measures to leaders of various levels, including executive. Develop and provide recommendations for solutions and improvements.
- Handles sensitive, escalated stakeholder issues.
- Ensures that all programs are managed in accordance with applicable regulatory requirements, filings, tariffs and follow established guiding principles/best practices. Monitors compliance with Company and California Public Utilities Commission (CPUC) and FERC regulations, construction standards, and requirements.
- Ensures work is prioritized based on available resources, size of the project portfolio, costs, risks, exposures or customer needs, while remaining compliant with applicable regulations.
- Leads process improvement initiatives for program management. Oversees process and procedure development, implementation, communications and training for new programs and/or changes to existing programs. Coaches staff to identify gaps in work methods, procedures, processes or training and partners with stakeholders to recommend solutions. Ensures consistency with related work processes, standards and procedures. May function as a consultant, subject matter expert or a project manager depending upon the needs of the various business partners.
- Supports planning for assigned program work, considering factors that might affect demand for work, expected volumes and unit costs, partnering with related departments/leaders. May be involved in long term forecasting. May also prepare detailed cycle work plans and/or regular reviews of actual work completions vs. forecasts and partner with team and leadership to address variances.
- May participate as a member of the Incident Command structure during times of significant events, such as storms, or earthquakes.
- Partners with Director in developing relevant governance, processes, infrastructure, documentation and tools to support the program.
- Lead and manage a team of direct reports.
- Set team goals and establish an environment to achieve those goals.
- Manages staff to accomplish results through recruitment and selection, training and development, performance management, and rewards and recognition.
- Support other departmental efforts as needed (GRC/TO planning, Technology Portfolio Prioritization, Roadmap discussions and escalations tied to projects/applications).
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, engineering or job-related discipline or equivalent related experience
- 8 years of relevant experience in areas such as: program and project management preferably in technology driven environment, electric operations and/or other related area including 3 years of leadership experience or team lead experience
- Ability to foster a work environment in which individuals collaborate in pursuit of a common mission and mutual goals
- Ability to influence and work with and across all levels within the business to develop optimal solutions
- PMI-Project Management Institute PMP-Project Professional certification Management
- Strong knowledge of electric utility business operations practices such as maintenance & construction, estimating, design and planning.
- Thorough understanding of regulatory requirements or tariffs for assigned program work.
- Knowledge of project and program management concepts, methods and practices.
- Leadership and coaching skills.
- Good written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills to develop and deliver presentations to various audiences.
- Influence and negotiation ability, including strong meeting facilitation skills, to effectively prioritize work based on business need and risk assessments.
- Analytical problem solving and decision-making ability.
- Adaptability to adjust to changing business dynamics and priorities.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Strong business and financial acumen to develop & propose and/or monitor and manage program budget.
- Knowledge of process improvement concepts, methods and best practices.
- Knowledge of SAP or similar ERP system.