Manufacturing Associate, Specialty Production
USA - South San Francisco, CA
The Manufacturing Associate, Specialty Production will produce various DNA and plasmid products, focusing on Molecular and Cellular Biology, as well as running analytic techniques in the high-throughput/highly-automated lab according to established SOPs, along with working with sensitive equipment and following good manufacturing practices. Candidate must also be a team player, neat and highly organized, able to work in a cleanroom environment, and foster safe work practices.
The Manufacturing Associate, Specialty Production will be accountable for following scheduled tasks, operating automated liquid handling devices in a safe and efficient manner, Exhibit detail-oriented documentation skills for updating batch records and logs, cleaning and restocking the lab, and practice good lab bench techniques to ensure high quality and consistent products.
Roles and Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
● Manufacture high quality custom oligo containing products in a high throughput MFG lab according to established SOPs.
● Operation of robotic laboratory equipment and traditional lab equipment (bioanalyzers, centrifuges, sealers, thermocyclers, spectrometers, HPLCs, Next Gen Sequencing etc.)
● Daily use of molecular biology processes and techniques including PCR, Golden gate Assembly, DNA quantitation and handling, DNA purification
● Maintaining thorough, accurate and detailed documentation of all work produced in batch records, databases or other acceptable formats including problems and deviations
● Updating and writing work instructions and documentation
● Ability to work independently and in a safe manner
● Attention to details for process consistency
● Documentation, troubleshooting and addressing process deviations
● Packaging products
● Ability to work in an ISO, GMP, LEAN manufacturing environment and follow the lean manufacturing concepts
● Daily completion of assigned tasks to keep MFG on track
Focus Areas for Specialty Production -
● Focus on Molecular Biology Techniques
o Preparing and purifying DNA samples
o Performing PCR amplification
o Micro-pipetting reagents and following formulations
● Focus on Cellular Biology Techniques
o Prepare materials for cell culturing
o Perform cloning techniques such as transformation and colony screening
o Perform purification techniques for the extraction of DNA
● Focus on Analysis
o Preparing and running DNA library pools for NGS sequencing
o Using Spectromax for fluorescent quantification
o Preparing Gel and BioAnalyzer assays for DNA products
● Bachelors/ Associates degree in biology, chemistry, biochemistry: degree preferred but will consider candidates with relevant laboratory experience
● Familiarity or prior experience in a manufacturing environment
● Good written and verbal skills
● Attention to details
● Good computer skills and comfort in using computers for all aspects of MFG, experience with excel and word, Jira/Confluence, web based or similar programs
Typical Working Conditions are:
● Team based laboratory environment.
● Working in controlled laboratory environment
● Must be able to stand for long periods of time while performing duties.
● Must be able to work safely with chemicals and hazardous materials.
● Must be able to lift up to 20 lbs.
● Must be able to work outside of regular work hours/ work a flexible shift as needed