We are currently partnering with our client in Newark, who is on the search for a Manufacturing Engineer! Great place to work. Employee-first policy!!
Company "WOW" Factors:
- Management is terrific! Very appreciative and respectful of its employees. They are very down-to-earth, accessible, approachable and receptive.
- The company is generous. When the company does well, all employees enjoy bonuses and raises. Good performers are recognized.
- The people, of course! Lots of really good people!
- Long tenure of employees
Precision-oriented professional with developed leadership qualities and the ability to work efficiently with a cross functional team. The successful candidate’s primary function and role will be to deal with the manufacturing process design and development of new furnace brazed cold plates and radio waveguides, along with developing supporting documentation for long run and high-volume production.
- Collaborate with a cross functional team to define, develop, design, implement, and document a manufacturing strategy for new and existing products.
- Produce detailed and carefully planned manufacturing work instructions.
- Design fixtures and tooling to help reduce cost of machine setup and reduce scrap parts.
- Review manufacturing yield, set-up, and cycle times to reduce scrap, reduce rework, identify waste in the value stream, and improve equipment and resource utilization and efficiency.
- Identify and implement improvements to existing production processes.
- Work with suppliers to resolve manufacturing issues.
- Participate in material review board meetings and coordinate solutions for identified discrepancies.
- Define work space layouts, support the procurement and implementation of equipment, and conduct equipment/process capability studies.
- Identify trends and recommend best practices to improve process capability.
- Maintain a watchful and alert attitude toward projects, including introducing manufacturing engineering standards into project team meetings, developing reporting ideas and metrics to gauge the project’s success, and in general being eager and energetic towards establishing and maintaining the process design.