Benchmark provides comprehensive solutions across the entire product lifecycle; leading through its innovative technology and engineering design services, leveraging its optimized global supply chain, and delivering world-class manufacturing services. The industries we serve include: commercial aerospace, defense, advanced computing, next generation telecommunications, complex industrials, medical, and semiconductor capital equipment.
Provides technical manufacturing liaison required for the production of high quality products from the design phase through all phases of production. Liaison between the Program Design, Procurement, Assembly, and Quality Departments to promote an efficient and well-organized manufacturing operation.
• Attends design reviews and provides product evaluations to insure the product design lends itself to practical, economical manufacturing techniques.
• Assists in reviewing engineering design drawings prior to “Production Release” for product and compatibility with “state-of-the-art” manufacturing techniques.
• Assists in make/buy evaluations and makes recommendations on “IN-HOUSE” VS. “OUTSIDE VENDOR” manufacturing capabilities.
• Assists in vendor surveys.
• Evaluates the requirements for assembly tooling, fixtures, and equipment required to support the manufacturing operations.
• Participates in Material Review Board (MRB) activities and takes an active role in the dispositioning of discrepant material and/or assemblies.
• Participates in the Change Control Board (CCB) review of engineering change orders to insure proposed design changes are producible and within manufacturing capabilities
• Assists in the monitoring of daily production activities and makes recommendations on material and/or labor reductions to promote efficiency of operation.
• Coordinates with the Methods and Tooling groups and provides the technical product or specification drawing interpretations required for the design and fabrication of assembly tools, fixtures, and process methods instructions.
• Provides manufacturing assembly flow charts required to support the product flow and/or assembly sequence.
• Provides manufacturing assembly floor and equipment layouts required to promote an efficient flow of product through the various assembly states.
• Conducts any special manufacturing projects, evaluations or surveys as directed by management.
• Actively participate in Lean projects and activities including 5S, TPM, VSM, etc.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Effective interpersonal skills
• Effective multitasking skills and the ability to take on additional responsibilities as required
• Effective organization and prioritization skills
• Demonstrate high attention to detail
• Ability to work with diverse groups
• Demonstrates discretion, confidentiality, independent judgment and professionalism.
• Ability to work with minimal supervision and guidance, exercising discretion and independent judgment.
• Understanding of and ability to use continuous improvement tools.
• Strong customer service and client focus
• Working knowledge of productivity tools, including Microsoft Office products and WebEx conferencing software
• Supports a 24/7 global business operation as required
• Basic Lean Sigma concepts, methodologies and tools
• Able to travel as required
• Able to perform all essential functions and competencies of ME Level I
• Reviews engineering design drawings prior to “Production Release” for product manufacturability and compatibility with “state-of-the-art” manufacturing techniques.
• Participates in make/buy evaluations and makes recommendations on “IN-HOUSE” VS. “OUTSIDE VENDOR” manufacturing capabilities.
• Conducts vendor surveys
• Monitors daily production activity and makes recommendations on material and/or labor improvements to promote operational efficiency.
• Recommend methods for reducing waste of materials and utilities.
• Builds stable working relationships internally.
• Lean Green Belt certification
• Demonstrated ability to document and solve moderate to complex cross-functional challenges using structured problem solving tools
• Good written and oral presentation skills
• Demonstrates engineering level understanding of electronic components, circuits and systems or mechanical components and systems depending upon education and related experience background.
• >3-years Manufacturing Engineering experience
• Strong technical and project management experience
• Bachelors of Science degree in Engineering preferred or equivalent combination of education and experience as approved by management
• 0-2 years manufacturing engineering experience in a precision machine shop environment
Shift: Shift 3
Work Schedule: F-Su 0600-1830