Distribution Assistant / Material Handler
The Material Handler Specialist role will support Manufacturing, Inventory Control, Shipping/Receiving and Material Transfer at our Clients Redwood City facility. This role supports materials used in R&D, clinical manufacturing as well as commercial manufacturing. The candidate will have cGMP experience specifically related to bio/pharma or medical device industry and will maintain the efficient flow of materials. The candidate will also have operational responsibilities related to perpetual inventory that incudes PI and or cycle count. Keen attention to detail and persistence in ensuring proper follow-through by suppliers, shippers and colleagues will be essential.
Job Responsibilities (to include key result areas, specific accountabilities, tasks, etc.)
In addition to the general description of the parent profile role for this job function, the following summarize key result areas, specific accountabilities and / or tasks, etc. associated with this job title:
- Raw/Incoming Material receipts and Inspections
- Assist in tracking inventory and usage rate on current system (SAP)
- Assist in monitoring parts and supplies in a timely manner to prevent overstocking and shortages
- Transfer of materials for usage in manufacturing and production departments using FEFO manner
- Maintain efficient flow of materials, inventory control, and staging to manufacturing operations
- Shipping of raw materials, intermediate and bulk products
- Cycle counting of Inventory based on cycle times
- Write up investigation, deviations and CAPAs.
- Other assigned tasks
- Material returns to supplier (RMA/RGA)
Conduct activities and interactions consistent with Company values and in compliance with the Code of Conduct and supporting Policies and Standards relevant to your role.
- Complete all required training on the clients Code of Conduct and supporting Policies and Standards on time. Report potential issues of non-compliance.
- Ensures compliance with the clients Corporate Policies and Directives, site Standard Operating Procedures, regulatory requirements, and industry best practice (cGMPs).
- Maintains a safe work environment and performs work in accordance with site Environment, Health and Safety (SHE) policies and procedures.
- Immediately report potential unsafe conditions to management.
- High School graduate (or higher) with at least 5 years of direct material handling and shipping receiving experience in bio/pharma or medical device discipline
- Experience with current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP)
- Forklift certification and a class C driver’s license with good driving record is required
- Computer skills with Microsoft Office Suite and have a working knowledge, or the ability to learn, computer systems such as TrackWise and SAP.
- Ability to accomplish daily task with minimal supervision.
- Flexible schedule availability to meet the production support when needed.
- Attention to detail and data integrity is essential.
- DOT Hazmat and IATA/ICAO Dangerous goods certification ( desirable but not mandatory)
Corestaff Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer - All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other factor determined to be unlawful under applicable law. Corestaff Services is not associated with Core Staffing Services, Inc. which operates in the New York metro area.