Balance Staffing is hiring a Manufacturing Technician for our Stealth Mode Start Up client in Newark, CA!
A rapidly growing biotechnology startup is seeking a talented and motivated technician, engineer or physicist to be part of our optics manufacturing team. This person will play an important role in the deployment and commercialization of technology and products that will have a major impact on the medical and life sciences fields!
· Collaborate in the development of manufacturing instructions from predefined methods and drawings to assemble, align, optimize and test optical components, assemblies, and sub-systems.
· Suggest method and procedure improvements to facilitate the manufacturing process to ensure efficient and consistent production quality.
· In collaboration with manufacturing engineering and R&D, build align and test prototypes and production optical systems, and sub-systems (as spare parts).
· Collect measurements and other critical information during builds and test.
· Identify opportunity for method, costs, quality and reliability improvements.
The successful candidate will have some or all of the following traits/experience:
· Well structured person capable of learning complex optical concepts and applying them in practical during assembly, alignment and test process.
· Strong problem solving, validation and characterization skills; ability and willingness to adapt quickly to new challenges in a fast-paced environment.
· Capable of understanding the basic fundamental’s in physics, optics, electronics and programming.
· Familiarity with common optical test equipment such as power meters, spectrometers, beam profilers, etc.
· Experience building, aligning and testing complex optical systems.
· Ability and willingness to learn all of the above through on the job training and/or self study.
· Experience in using assembly drawings or SolidWorks models to execute assembly procedures.
· Experience in writing python or MathLab scripts or equivalent.
· Hands on experience with optical alignment.
· Associate degree or Bachelor’s degree in optical engineering/physics/electrical engineering or a bachelor’s degree in another discipline + relevant experience.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English.
· Collaborative attitude and eagerness to work on a highly multi-disciplinary team.
· Minimum of 2 years of relevant experience in manufacturing of complex optical assemblies