Kforce has a client that is seeking a Marketing Associate to research market conditions in local, regional, or national areas to determine potential sales of a product or service in San Ramon, California (CA). A typical Marketing Associate is responsible for gathering information on competitors and methods of marketing and distribution.
- Advise business and other groups on local, national, and international factors affecting the buying and selling of products and services.
- Confer with legal staff to resolve problems, such as copyright infringement and royalty sharing with outside producers and distributors
- Develop pricing strategies, balancing firm objectives and customer satisfaction
- Direct the hiring, training, and performance evaluations of marketing and sales staff and oversee their daily activities
- Evaluate the financial aspects of product development, such as budgets, expenditures, research and development appropriations, and return-on-investment and profit-loss projections
- Formulate, direct and coordinate marketing activities and policies to promote products and services, working with advertising and promotion managers
- Identify, develop, and evaluate marketing strategy, based on knowledge of establishment objectives, market characteristics, and cost and markup factors
- Negotiate contracts with vendors and distributors to manage product distribution, establishing distribution networks and developing distribution strategies
- Use sales forecasting and strategic planning to ensure the sale and profitability of products, lines, or services, analyzing business developments and monitoring market trends