No industry is moving faster than health care. And no organization is better positioned to lead health care forward. We need attention to every detail with an eye for the points no one has considered. You'll help improve the health of millions. And you'll do your life's best work.(sm)
This individual will be a key member of the Employer and Individual (E&I) Marketing team. Individual will be responsible to develop and implement marketing programs including but not limited to broker and customer events, management and oversite of creative projects, and day to day management and oversight of sponsorships.
Individual will be responsible for end-to-end planning, management, execution, postmortem and continual advancement of external-facing E&I Marketing Events. Individual will partner closely with senior leadership to proactively identify event needs and drive event planning through use of thought leadership and oversight resulting in world class event programming to strategically frame UnitedHealthcare as a market leader. The individual will leverage best practices, stakeholder feedback, and performance data to influence and advocate new approaches to marketing events in order to drive attendance, deliver information and enhance attendee relationships. This individually will have the unique opportunity to develop strategy to bring E&I events into the post-pandemic environment.
Individual will be responsible for management and oversight of quick turn creative projects including critical sales materials, awareness driving advertisements and select regional growth programs. Additionally, individually will be the point for day to day management and oversight of sponsorships including relationship management, creative development and strategy. To successfully accomplish these objectives, individual will build relationships with and partner with internal resources (Creative, Advertising, Brand, Legal / Regulatory, Product, Marketing Operations) and external vendors / agency partners to assess and identify needs and requirements to form and implement.
If you are located within the Central Region, you will have the flexibility to telecommute* as you take on some tough challenges.
- Develop vision and strategy for event and set objectives of the event
- Coordinate logistics with internal stakeholders including sales, legal, and marketing
- Lead the sourcing of content, speakers and merchandising in partnership with local market team
- Project management of end to end activities with vendors, suppliers - from sourcing to planning to registration and attendee management
- Follow up surveying event performance reporting
- Partner within E&I and across UHC / UHG business segments to identify, share and leverage best practices or learnings to advance the acquisition work
- Build relationships with key business partner including segment leadership, functional leadership
- Oversee operational processes including invoice processing, posting, sales collateral, centralized sales delivery platform and coordinating legal reviews
- Demonstrate understanding to inform / shape creative briefs and work with external agencies partnering with Marketing Directors
- Produce creative assets to support sponsorships
- Assume responsibility for managing and communicating team monthly forecast meets
- Willing to travel (25%)
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor's Degree, preferred in marketing or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years of experience in marketing or advertising
- 5+ years of experience developing, managing and maintaining relationships with internal and external partners
- 5+ years of demonstrated success applying integrated marketing best practices and tools, including some mix of print, digital / social and video
- Experience analyzing data to influence future campaign performance
- Proven experience and results in managing and prioritizing competing deliverables
- Experience in a deadline driven environment
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel
- If you need to enter a work site for any reason, you will be required to screen for symptoms using the ProtectWell mobile app, Interactive Voice Response (i.e., entering your symptoms via phone system) or similar UnitedHealth Group-approved symptom screener. When in a UnitedHealth Group building, employees are required to wear a mask in common areas. In addition, employees must comply with any state and local masking orders
- Healthcare, financial services or consumer product experience
- Ability to build relationships with partners in a highly matrixed organization and find resources outside of immediate team
- Ability to be flexible and work with ambiguity
- Event management experience
- Experience managing and tracking projects in Workfront
Careers at UnitedHealthcare Employer & Individual. We all want to make a difference with the work we do. Sometimes we're presented with an opportunity to make a difference on a scale we couldn't imagine. Here, you get that opportunity every day. As a member of one of our elite teams, you'll provide the ideas and solutions that help nearly 25 million customers live healthier lives. You'll help write the next chapter in the history of health care. And you'll find a wealth of open doors and career paths that will take you as far as you want to go. Go further. This is your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $79,700 to $142,600. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Marketing Manager, Marketing, Advertising, Consumer Marketing, Brand, Digital, Healthcare, Telecommute, Telecommuting, Telecommuter, Work From Home, Work At Home, Remote, WAH, Minneapolis, MN, Chicago, IL, Cleveland, OH, Indianapolis, IN, Louisville, KY, Minnesota, Illinois, Ohio, Indiana, Kentucky