UnitedHealthcare is a company that's on the rise. We're expanding in multiple directions, across borders and, most of all, in the way we think. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about transforming the health care industry. Ready to make a difference? Make yourself at home with us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
What makes your Healthcare Economics career greater with UnitedHealth Group? Advancement, access to data, variety of product lines, and rewards for delivering on our mission.
The Medicaid Risk Adjustment Consultant works with Medicaid Managed Care Organization (MCO) leadership to quantify and communicate the real-world value of healthcare interventions and align our Medicaid plan’s risk adjustment strategies with the demands of a progressively value-driven marketplace. The consultant will lead and participate in the conceptualization, execution and delivery of advanced analytics in health economics and Medicaid risk adjustment.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Perform descriptive and advanced statistical analyses using large patient and/or claims databases in support of data mining, predictive modeling, and risk adjustment analytics
- Develop and maintain dynamic data visualizations and dashboards that present complex healthcare data in a simple and clear manner
- Independently manage workflow and make direct contributions to the analytics process
- Collaborate with cross-functional project teams (plan leads, program managers, IT staff, actuarial, etc.) to support exceptional risk adjustment strategy execution for Medicaid MCOs
- Serve as a liaison between internal clients and third party vendors to support risk adjustment programs
- Willing to work in an agile and fast-moving working environment
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor's Degree in data science, health economics, finance or a related discipline
- 3+ years of experience using statistical software packages such as SAS, R and/or Python
- 1+ years of SQL programming experience
- 1+ years of hands on healthcare data analysis / profiling (including claims, membership and/or provider data)
- If you need to enter a work site for any reason, you will be required to screen for symptoms using the ProtectWell mobile app, Interactive Voice Response (i.e., entering your symptoms via phone system) or similar UnitedHealth Group-approved symptom screener. When in a UnitedHealth Group building, employees are required to wear a mask in common areas. In addition, employees must comply with any state and local masking orders
- Health plan consulting experience
- Professional or academic experience building and deploying predictive models
- Working knowledge of Medicaid risk adjustment concepts and methodologies
Careers at UnitedHealthcare Medicare & Retirement. The Boomer generation is the fastest growing market segment in health care. And we are the largest business in the nation dedicated to serving their unique health and well-being needs. Up for the challenge of a lifetime? Join a team of the best and the brightest to find bold new ways to proactively improve the health and quality of life of these 9 million customers. You'll find a wealth of dynamic opportunities to grow and develop as we work together to heal and strengthen our health care system. Ready? It's time to do your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $64,800 to $116,000. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. As of the date of this posting, In addition to your salary, UHG offers the following benefits for this position, subject to applicable eligibility requirements: Health, dental, and vision plans; wellness program; flexible spending accounts; paid parking or public transportation costs; 401(k) retirement plan; employee stock purchase plan; life insurance, short-term disability insurance, and long-term disability insurance; business travel accident insurance; Employee Assistance Program; PTO; and employee-paid critical illness and accident insurance.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Medicaid Risk Adjustment Consultant, Healthcare Economics Consultant, HCE, Healthcare Economics, Telecommute, UHC, UnitedHealthcare, Data Science, Analytics, Finance, Tableau, SAS, SQL, Data Analytics, Healthcare, Consultant, Medicaid, Claims, Telecommute, Telecommuter, Telecommuting, Remote, Work from home, Work at home