The Mgr – Business Development supports the organization to win new business and formulate deal structure and terms and conditions. This role analyzes business opportunities in the context of the risk and opportunity and assist the executive team during the due diligence and negotiation phase.
• Leads and actively participates in the Business Development Function.
• Develops a robust process for quantitative and qualitative new business analysis.
• Monitors market trends and recommends strategies to address these trends.
• Evaluates competitor strategies and strengths and weaknesses.
• Develops customer intelligence and recommends customer strategies and channel approaches.
• Leads analytical modeling to forecast market potential, replacement cycles, market share and sales volume.
• Works with the Sales and Marketing team to support market penetration in target areas.
• Establishes and builds personal relationships with the sales team, channel partners, and customers.
• Develops the Business Development team member’s skills and expertise.
• Plans, directs, and coordinates activities of employee(s) to ensure goals or objectives are accomplished. Mentors, coaches, trains and develops team.
• Additional duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS / REQUIREMENTS
• Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Advertising, Business Management or related field
• Advanced degree (MBA, Master’s) preferred
• 8+ years progressive Marketing, Advertising, Business Management experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience
• 5+ years in a leadership role (direct or indirect)
• Prior managerial/supervisory experience
• Occasional travel either locally, nationally, and/or internationally may be required.
• High degree of proficiency MS Office Suite, Outlook & Internet applications
• Strong analytical, prioritizing, interpersonal, problem-solving, presentation, budgeting, project management (from conception to completion), & planning skills
• Strong verbal and written communication skills (including analysis, interpretation, & reasoning)
• Solid understanding and application of mathematical concepts
• Ability to develop and maintain collaborative relationships with peers and colleagues across the organization, as well as, internal and external clients
• Ability to work well autonomously and within a team in a fast-paced and deadline-oriented environment.
• Ability to work with and influence peers and senior management
• Self-motivated with critical attention to detail, deadlines and reporting
PHYSICAL ASPECTS / WORK ENVIRONMENT
• Regularly required to stand; walk; sit; and talk, hear and see.
• Occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
* Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform the essential functions.
SGK is a global packaging and brand experience company. From idea to implementation, we deliver packaging solutions and brand experiences that give brands the freedom to speak louder, scale faster and grow stronger. We simplify marketing and amplify brands to deliver value. SGK is a Matthews International company.
Matthews International affords equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, age, disability or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled.
Matthews International endeavors to make our employment website and application process accessible to all users and applicants. In doing so, Matthews International provides reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you have a disability and require a reasonable accommodation or assistance completing the application process, please contact a member of our Human Resource Team.