At a high level, we are looking for teacher leaders who combine the abilities to inspire and educate, to develop academic, behavioral and social emotional skills, and to make an inclusive, anti-racist, and inquiry-based education meaningful, engaging and relevant both now and for the future. We are looking for exceptional teachers who bring their passions, identities, curiosities, and quirks into the classroom each day; who are excited to work in a start-up environment; who love to radically collaborate; who love working with adolescent students and all that comes with the middle school years; who teach to learn and fuel more learning for themselves and their students; who teach to build bridges with a diversity of students, families, and the community; and finally, and most importantly, who believe in the values of community, action, and justice and will teach to push on the status quo and change the world around us.
- Bachelor's degree
- Credential as issued by the California Commission on Teacher Credentialing
- Three or more years of teaching experience
- Deep commitment to equitable teaching and learning approaches, including — but not limited to — culturally responsive teaching, inclusion, anti-racist education, restorative practices, Universal Design for Learning, social emotional learning and data- informed instruction
- Passion to build, radically collaborate, and create an exceptional school community
- Experience working with children, families and staff from diverse backgrounds and with diverse learning needs, including – but not limited to – English Language learners, academically high-achieving students, students with IEPs, academically low-performing students, and students who have experienced trauma
- Bias towards curiosity and comfort with failure; love for learning; awareness of and playfulness with your ignorance
- Strong classroom management
- Other specialized credentials (SPED, BCLAD, National Board Certified)
- Demonstrated success in inquiry-based instruction or project-based learning and integrated curriculum
- Experience working in a start-up environments and/or with co-teaching
- Familiarity with a variety of holistic assessment strategies – for example: exposition, performance, project-based, standardized, anecdotal, etc.
Please click through to theWe look forward to learning more about you!
Powered by JazzHR