WHO WE ARE AND WHY YOU SHOULD APPLY
Hey there! We're AKKO - a funded and fast-growing insurtech company with a dedicated, solution-forward, and collaborative team focused on disrupting the device protection space.
Tired of expensive individual protection plans for all of your stuff?
Frustrated by 1-800 numbers and shipping devices back and forth when something breaks?
So are we.....
AKKO is simplifying the way we protect our stuff. We've created an insurance services platform combining technology, automation, creativity, and a focus on an amazing customer experience, benefiting consumers and our insurance and organizational partners.
We’re a fully remote team comprised of recent graduates, young professionals, and insurance and marketing veterans.
We also all have passions ranging from recording music and photography, to surfing, skiing, boarding, and biking. The activities we love and the work we do require a range of personal items and equipment; ones that need protecting! So we’ve set out to bring to market the most affordable and best way to protect these items so that anyone can easily be covered against Accidental Damage & Theft at the most affordable rates.
We are building an industry-defining Insurtech business and need driven team members to help us build our vision. We are looking for a talented Mobile Developer to lead our mobile platform development as one of our first engineering hires. You will be a critical hire at AKKO, driving key decisions in our platform development and an engineering leader. Let's do this!
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
- Build and help manage development of mobile and web application(s)
- Closely collaborate with our product team and backend senior developers to break down requirements into work packages and craft compelling mobile user experiences
- Be a supportive member of a high performing team, often tackling key roles in managing projects as well as rolling up your sleeves to get stuff done in a multi-functional, fast-paced team
- Manage your time effectively despite competing priorities, and begin to identify recurring themes and priorities with the team.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- Our stack: Python API, Flask, Vue.js web-app, React Native mobile app, microservices using AWS Lambdas, Node.js, DynamoDB, PostgreSQL
- You've been a part of fast-paced Engineering teams in similar startup roles.
- You've experienced (whether as a manager or an engineer) a fast growth phase in a startup.
- You have worked closely with Product leadership to build roadmaps and deliver upon them
- You have outstanding communication skills
- You have an eye for design, UI best practices, and enjoy crafting amazing user experiences
- Cross-functional team experience with the ability to work independently and coordinate with and lead outsourced developers
- Excited about being part of a hyper-growth startup with a fun, scrappy mentality
- High intellectual curiosity
- Highly analytical with strong ability to work with data from analytics and user testing
- Can implement efficient processes and drive fast execution
WHAT WE OFFER
- Competitive base salary (open to match the expectation of the right candidate) + equity packages
- Health insurance stipend of upto $440/month
- Fitness stipend of $100/month
- Food stipend of $100/month
- Unlimited vacation
- Work-life balance; working hours are flexible but generally PT
- The opportunity to be a pivotal part of a fast-growing and stable company with forecasted long-term sustainable growth in a burgeoning industry
- Career growth opportunities