Transdev Services, Inc. seeks a motivated individual to join the Mobility Management team as a Mobility Specialist. The Mobility Specialist will be the frontline contact at our Mobility Management Center. The Mobility Specialist and will be tasked with providing an array of information and provide referral services to assist customers, communities, and organizations in learning about local transit options and utilizing these services.
The ideal candidate shall possess the necessary skills and work experience to perform many transportation-related customer service tasks including:
- Coordinate and assist with outreach efforts that promote use of the many available travel options in San Francisco, including accessible fixed route transit, “Free Muni” and other discounted transit passes, and various paratransit and non-paratransit shuttle and taxi services.
- Utilize empathy and unbiased understanding to recommend local transportation options that best meet the unique needs, goals, and environment of individual older adults and people with disabilities.
- Assist consumers with enrolling in transportation services or navigating application requirements.
- Provide one-on-one travel training to individuals who are unfamiliar with the San Francisco public transportation system.
- Conduct or assist facilitation of transportation group orientation presentations focused on promoting group travel on public transit for the older adult community.
- Proactively identify outreach opportunities in the older adult and disability communities and conduct follow-up with identified groups to schedule transportation and mobility management presentations.
- Maintain a database of multiple transportation services and providers in San Francisco that can be used by many including Muni 311, and SF Paratransit’s Customer Service and Eligibility departments.
- Maintain accurate records of consumer interactions and outreach engagements.
- Provide focused information to agencies and agency staff that also serve the community’s older adults and people with disabilities. Assist staff with understanding more about transportation challenges and opportunities and coordinate outreach and enrollment efforts to shared consumers.
- Utilize knowledge gained from outreach and engagement to help identify gaps in transportation services, and assist in developing and recommending useful transportation solutions.
PREFERRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Experience working with seniors and people with a range of disabilities
- Experience working with disability and/or community advocacy organizations, preferred
- Understands mobility challenges typically associated with senior disabled, and other historically underserved populations.
- Strong interpersonal and relational skills.
- Strong and persuasive written and verbal communication skills; bilingual skills preferred
- Ability to manage time and priorities and meet deadlines.
- Knowledge of urban/transportation, as well as a familiarity of San Francisco streets, neighborhoods, and politics.
- Proficient in computer and technical skills, including Microsoft Office Suite and Google Docs.
This position is the front-line Mobility Management staff member and will dedicate some time as determined by the Mobility Manager, both on-site and off-site (occasionally evening and weekend hours). This individual will possess professional communication skills and the ability to empathize and demonstrate sensitivity to the populations we serve.
This job requires frequently moving audio/visual equipment and presentation materials weighing up to 35 pounds to events across San Francisco.
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. This description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions, it does not proscribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned. This job description is subject to change at any time.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions upon request.
Transdev is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and welcomes all qualified applicants. Applicants will receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic data, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion or other legally protected status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
EEO is the Law Poster: www1.eeoc.gov/employers/poster.cfm
Drug free workplace
If based in the United States, applicants must be eligible to work in US without restrictions for any employer at any time; be able to pass a drug screen and background check
Job Locations US-CA-San Francisco
Posted Date 2 months ago (8/12/2020 3:28 PM)
Requisition ID 2020-13132
Position Category Other
Internal Code #TNA
Internal Reference 493
Company/Division Transdev Services