Consider joining Eurofins Lancaster Laboratories where people are the most important element in our chemistry. Celebrating 50 years of service, Lancaster Laboratories is a leading contract lab providing testing and research services in the environmental, pharmaceutical, and biopharmaceutical sciences to clients worldwide.
Eurofins Lancaster Laboratories, a nationally recognized laboratory, is searching for a Molecular and Cell Biology Scientist to support our Professional Scientific Services group in South San Francisco, CA. This role will support discovery and development of small- and large-molecule cancer therapeutics.
Molecular and Cell Biology Scientist responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Routinely culture cells and perform cell-based assays
- Conductflow cytometry to assess cell surface protein abundance
- Perform other experiments, such as western blotting, protein quantification assay, enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay (ELISA)
- Independently analyze data with software such as FloJo, Microsoft Excel, and GraphPad Prism
- Design, execute, interpret and report in vitro experiments under guidance
- Communicate data clearly and concisely to teams and stakeholders
- Collaborate with members from other functional areas, including Medicinal Chemistry, and In Vitro Pharmacology
The ideal candidate would possess:
- Familiarity or hands-on experience with flow cytometry or FACS analysis
- Familiarity with transfection methods among mammalian cell lines
- Experience in early stage discovery research related to protein expression
- Excellent technical writing skills including experience with writing scientific documentation and document review processes
- Strong computer, scientific, and organizational skills
- Excellent communication (oral and written) and attention to detail
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team, self-motivation, adaptability, and a positive attitude
- Ability to learn new techniques, perform multiple tasks simultaneously, keep accurate records, follow instructions, and comply with company policies
- Bachelor's degree in biology, biochemistry, molecular & cell biology, chemistry, life sciences, or other related degree concentration with 3 - 5 years of relevant experience, or Master's degree with 0 - 2 years of experience
- Authorization to work in the United States indefinitely without restriction or sponsorship
Position is full-time, Monday through Friday (8 a.m.-5 p.m.), with overtime as needed. Candidates currently living within a commutable distance of South San Francisco, California are encouraged to apply.
To learn more about Eurofins, please explore our websitewww.eurofinsus.com.
Eurofins is aM/F, Disabled, and Veteran Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.