A biotech company in the Bay area is hiring a highly motivated Molecular Biology / PCR Scientist to join the nucleic acids product development team in support of MBI's testing product pipelines. They are a diagnostics company for cardiovascular rapid point-of-care and home testing products.
They are seeking an experienced molecular biologist who has deep knowledge and extensive laboratory skills in nucleic acids sample preparation, amplification and detection of infectious pathogens. As a key member of the multi-disciplinary project team, this person provides decisive actions related to subjects of molecular and cell biology, workflow, assay, reagents and protocols. This person will work closely with other members of the team to meet project milestones and goals in a timely manner.
This position offers an excellent compensation and benefits package; apply now!
Scientist - Molecular Biology / PCR Responsibilities:
- Work with R&D scientists, engineers and marketing team to research, develop and improve medical POC diagnostic products
- Participate in POC testing product development including feasibility, verification and validation, manufacturing transfer to ensure that products are in compliance with FDA and EU regulatory requirements and standards for clinical in-vitro diagnostics applications
- Work to develop and optimize new reagents and protocols into finished products
- Design and carry out experiments on human/animal specimens (e.g., whole blood, nasal swab) with standard laboratory instruments to verify and validate performance of our POC devices and systems
- Interface with suppliers to identify and acquire performing and quality reagent kits or components. Collaborate with suppliers to formulate, optimize and supply new custom-made reagents as needed
- Troubleshoot assay and workflow to improve performance, quality and reliability of our POC devices and system
- Analyze, summarize, and report data generated from experiments, providing actionable conclusions
- Present data internally to development teams, management and/or marketing teams to inform project progress and drive new product development
- Work closely with QC Department in providing DHF documents. Assist in transfer of product development to manufacturing, providing detailed and complete technical information and documents related to the transfer process
- Provide technical support to our products marketing and sales
Molecular Biology / PCR Scientist Requirements:
- PhD in Molecular Biology, Cell Biology or related fields with at least 5 years pertinent experience
- In-depth knowledge and strong hands-on experience in molecular biology methodologies such as RNA/DNA extraction, RT-PCR, reagent formulation and optimization and fluorescence detection
- Comfortable to work with non-standard laboratory instruments and prototype of POC devices
- Excellent collaboration, interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills to articulate and present data, ideas, problems and solutions
- Demonstrated ability to learn new skills and work in a fast-paced, highly productive and changing environment
- Ability to speak Mandarin language - bonus
For additional information on this opportunity, contact Miki Miller directly at 605.215.5248.
You can email me directly at: [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]
All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, age, color, sex (including pregnancy), religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, military status, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable laws or regulations.
GPAC (Growing People and Companies) is an award-winning search firm specializing in placing quality professionals within multiple industries across the United States for the past 31 years. We are extremely competitive, client-focused and realize that our value is in our ability to deliver the right solutions at the right time.