Eurofins Transplant Genomics, Inc. (TGI) is committed to improving organ transplant outcomes with noninvasive serial monitoring guided by genomics. TGI’s extensive development pipeline includes diagnostic and predictive tests for kidney and liver graft dysfunction, the use of multiple sample types and technology platforms, companion diagnostics for immunosuppressant and immune status tests.
TGI is searching for a Molecular Clinical Laboratory Scientist in Fremont, California. This Molecular CLS will become a member of a team responsible for processing samples through all analytical phases of testing, documenting all activities, and monitoring compliance with all regulatory and accreditation requirements for the TGI CLIA laboratory.
Molecular Clinical Laboratory Scientist Job Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following :
- Conducts daily specimen processing, data analysis and results reporting in the Transplant Genomics Inc (TGI) CLIA Laboratory
- Participates in all lab operations, including proficiency testing, quality management functions, lab safety compliance and ongoing training/development
- Participates in other essential laboratory activities including reagent QC, equipment maintenance, Personnel training & competency assessment, Proficiency Testing, Documentation Systems, Occurrence Management
- Assists with Assay Validation projects, including participation in Validation testing and validation report documentation
- Helps maintain patient and laboratory records consistent with state and federal regulations
- Helps to maintain regulatory compliance and inspection readiness at all times in accordance with federal regulations that apply to the testing facility
- Acts in compliance with company policies and procedures: general policies, Exposure Control, Chemical Hazard, Illness and Injury Prevention Program, and Quality Assurance Program
- Supports the company in the achievement of its goals
The ideal candidate would possess:
- Experience with molecular diagnostic techniques such as DNA/RNA isolation, microarray platforms, Bioanalyzer, NanoDrop and cDNA amplification techniques, is preferred
- A desire to participate in projects beyond the scope of bench duties, in the form of special projects
- Experience with cutting edge technologies to build technical and leadership skills beyond the lab bench
- A working knowledge of local, state and federal laboratory regulations
- Excellent interpersonal skills, demonstrated ability to work effectively with multiple disciplines, good team approach, good written and oral communication skills, administrative skills, and above-average computer skills
- Highly organized, good documentation skills and attention to detail
- Result and goal oriented attitude, having integrity, a strong work ethic and a commitment to quality
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and changing environment; flexible and quickly adaptable to changing priorities
- Effective personal communication skills, with excellent training skills
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in life science; Completion of a CLS training program at an accredited institution
- Must possess a valid California CLS license (Generalist CLS or CGMBS license)
- 6 years of clinical laboratory experience (for CLS III consideration)
- Authorization to work in the Unites States indefinitely without restriction or sponsorship
Position is full-time, hours TBD, with a weekend rotation; and overtime as needed. Candidates currently living within a commutable distance of Fremont, California are encouraged to apply.
As a Eurofins employee, you will become part of a company that has received national recognition as a great place to work. We offer excellent full-time benefits including comprehensive medical coverage, life and disability insurance, 401(k) with company match, paid holidays and vacation, personal days, and dental and vision options.
To learn more about Eurofins, please explore our website www.eurofinsus.com.
Eurofins is a M/F, Disabled, and Veteran Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.
We are looking forward to receiving your application including your expected salary and possible start date via our career website.