Montessori Teacher (Part-Time/Full-Time)
We are currently seeking a Montessori Teacher to join our team in Oakland, CA 94605
Who we are:
Rockridge Montessori School is celebrating 30 years of quality education and childcare. RMS is a family run school with a warm and nurturing environment for children ages 12-24 months as well as preschool ages 2-5 years old. RMS is in Oakland’s beautiful Rockridge District. With amazing facilities and atmosphere, RMS has created a meaningful space for the children in our community to grow and develop into their unique potentials.
About the role:
RMS is looking to hire energetic and enthusiastic teachers, teacher assistants and teacher aids to join the wonderful teaching team. Full and Part Time Openings are Available. We are looking for candidates who are willing to learn and grow with the culture of the school. Montessori training courses are offered to candidates who show initiative and desire to grow as a specialized Montessori Teacher.
Our ideal candidate:
Education and experience
- Candidate must hold a minimum of 12 ECE Units and have a minimum of 12 units in the Montessori curriculum.
- Associates degree in early childhood teaching, education, or a related discipline is preferred
- Completed training at an accredited Montessori Center.
- Additional courses or training in education preferred
- Candidates must provide current record of MMR and TDap immunizations as well as a cleared TB test.
- Candidates must have a valid CPR/First Aid card.
Skills and abilities:
- Passionate about alternative education.
- An ability to teach groups of children of varying ages, needs, and abilities.
- Patience and excellent observational, communication, and diagnostic skills.
- The ability to multitask, keep calm under pressure, and treat everyone with love and respect.
- Excellent planning and organizational skills.
- A lifelong learner who can be a good role model for children.
What We Offer:
- Competitive Pay: Commensurate with experience
- Paid Vacation, Sick Days, Paid Holidays & PTO
- Year-round school calendar offering a stable and reliable employment opportunity
- Excellent Benefits Package
- Professional growth workshops and classes are offered to all staff.
Please submit your resume via the "APPLY NOW" button