Network Engineer Summary:
Signature Consultants is seeking a Network Engineer for an opportunity with a client in San Francisco, CA.
- Participate in the implementation of technical solutions for Plant Operations
- Coordinate to identify, prioritize, and manage projects and technology tasks
- Contribute to project planning efforts including project definition, requirements definition, technical design, testing procedures and documentation, system documentation, user training, and production delivery while coordinating and communicating with business resources
- Implement system enhancements and new systems through the project life cycle insuring appropriate documentation and processes to ensure compliance
- Manage projects for delivery of systems and applications to support Plant Operations and integration of Plant systems into Business Operations systems
- Install, implement, support and enhance systems and applications related to Solar and Wind farm SCADA systems and Integration of plant systems into Renewables Operations Energy Management and Business Intelligence Systems and NERC-CIP compliance.
- Install, implement, support and enhance systems and applications related to Solar and Wind farm IT/OT networks including routers, switches and firewalls, servers and desktops.
- Consult with business and IT partners to strategize, plan and implement needed projects within designated time and budget constraints.
- Proactively recognize and document business process gaps, propose and implement improvements.
- Extensive knowledge of interfaces, integrations and process flows.
- Coordinate with vendors to ensure projects are implemented to standards for new implementations and for upgrading or enhancing existing projects.
- Effectively communicate project and technology delivery expectations to cross-functional team members and stakeholders in a timely fashion.
- Ensure quality of projects with appropriate Quality Assurance methodologies.
- Maintain appropriate status reports, meeting minutes, and follow-up with business partners and technical resources.
- Reviews deliverables before delivery to the business for production support.
- Ensures project and technology documents are complete, current, and stored appropriately.
- Bachelor's degree is required, preferred in IT or equivalent experience may be considered in lieu of experience
- 5+ years of plant systems design, development, testing and deployment experience
- 2+ years' experience in developing and managing small to large projects through project life cycle working directly with cross-functional teams
- 2+ years' experience with integration of power generation plant substation relays, data concentrators, power plant controllers and OEM SCADA systems is required.
- 3+ years' experience with array technologies such as operating systems, security, networking, programming, etc.
- 3+ years' experience with installing, configuring, troubleshooting and supporting Cisco network routers, switches and firewalls is required.
- 3+ years' experience with configuration and troubleshooting of communication protocols like DNP3, MODBUS and OPC for telemetry data acquisition and control is required.
Knowledge & Skills:
- Understanding of IT methodologies, processes, and project management
- Experience with OSI Soft PI, Energy Management Systems and Meter Data Management System is preferred
- Experience with technical drawings is required
- Understanding and experience with Energy Markets, Independent System Operators (ISO) and Transmission Operators is preferred
- Understanding and experience with NERC CIP controls and how the control environment impacts both the business and IT processes and systems is preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication/presentation skills with a strong focus on customer interaction, customer service, and presentation
- A motivated self-starter with capability to operate on their own with little direction and/or monitoring along with an enterprise vision - ability to see big picture and relate to corporate strategy
- Capability to help deliver quality business solutions within restricted timelines while appropriately communicating/escalating risks, issues, or constraints as necessary to business and/or IT management.
- Ability to elicit cooperation from a wide variety of sources, including upper management, business partners, third-party vendors and other departments
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment is crucial.
- Ability to read communication styles of team members, business partners, and contractors who come from a broad spectrum of disciplines and change delivery of communication accordingly
- Ability to travel across the U.S. requiring up to 35% travel
About Signature Consultants, LLC
Headquartered in Fort Lauderdale, Florida, Signature Consultants was established in 1997 with a singular focus: to provide clients and consultants with superior staffing solutions. For the ninth consecutive year, Signature was voted as one of the "Best Staffing Firms to Work For" and is now the 14th largest IT staffing firm in the United States (source: Staffing Industry Analysts). With 28 locations throughout North America, Signature annually deploys thousands of consultants to support, run, and manage their clients' technology needs. Signature offers IT staffing, consulting, managed solutions, and direct placement services. For more information on the company, please visit www.sigconsult.com. Signature Consultants is the parent company to Hunter Hollis and Madison Gunn.