3-month contract - Possibility for extension up to 11 months
Hayward, CA- This is an onsite role that may require up to 60% mobility between data centers within the East Bay
Our globally recognized eCommerce Client is looking to hire a highly motivated, best-in-class Network Install Technician to join their team within network infrastructure deployment on a temporary basis. The candidate will work with minimum supervision in a dynamic environment to drive the expansion of our next-generation networks.
The position responsibilities will include scaling support of several data center locations and be responsible for day-to-day assistance with capacity management. The Network Install Technician will work closely with both internal customers and external vendors to facilitate smooth project execution as directed by Technical Program Managers.
Our ideal candidate is highly autonomous, very detail oriented, possesses strong written and verbal communication skills and has significant experience of supporting large scale, enterprise class networks. Excellent network implementation and troubleshooting skills combined with a proven documentation methodology is also required. Strong written and verbal communication skills and an ability to interact efficiently with peers and customers are required. The desire and ability to work in a fast paced, collaborative environment is essential.
- Manage work and priorities through ticketing system and workflows to complete customer requests and projects
- Up to 60% travel within geographical work area is required
- Install, test and troubleshoot fiber optic and copper cabling, including patch panels and patch cords
- Linux/Unix Administration
- Knowledge of network cabling and standard optic types.
- Familiarity with common networking terms.
- Manage work and priorities through ticketing system and workflow
- Collaborate with various stake holders to remove project obstacles
- Troubleshoot networking, routing and interconnectivity issues, including troubleshooting of network device configuration and low level application interaction
- Complete customer requests via Remedy trouble ticketing system- Participate in the migration, basic configuration and rollout of new or upgraded hardware
- 0-2 years of relevant experience.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Ethernet and IP networking knowledge and experience in the application of IP protocols.
- Substantial background in large scale datacenter network implementations and support.
- Experience working in virtualized enterprise networking environments
Other Qualifications & Responsibilities
- Experience dealing with customers during problem resolution and operating efficiently under pressure.
- Effective prioritization and time management.
- The ability to sit in front of computer for entire scheduled 8-hour shift with appropriate breaks while maintaining a high level of alertness and attention to detail
- Walk job sites in uneven terrain
- Work at heights and from ladders
- Ability to move and lift computer equipment up to 35lbs