Position Description Summary:
The Client Service Lead (CSL) is the external face for Schenker with our Ocean Customers. The CSL interfaces directly with the customer (and/or internal client services team / CSR) and serves as the point of contact for all operational and administrative activities associated with the customers assigned to them. The objective of the role is to optimize our business opportunities and the customer experience. The CSL understands the unique and critical aspects of our customers' business, including all ocean shipments (current/past/pending), the statistical and financial status of the Customer, and proactively works to identify and resolve operational issues and risks in real time. The CSL acts as the conduit between Sales and Operations by taking a lead in on-boarding the customer and ensuring that all internal and external SOP's are in place, understood by all parties, and updated as required. Finally, the CSL is a solutions provider for Customers and identifies and acts on opportunities to increase revenue by offering additional services, or forwarding potential sales leads to the appropriate Sales resource. Principal Accountabilities (The following is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. It is not an exhaustive list of all expectations.):
* Act as the first point of 'operational' contact for assigned customers. This is a customer facing role; frequent and positive interactions with the customer are required.
* Act as the first point of 'operational' contact for assigned customers for internal Schenker departments, including operations (traffic and booking), origin services, sales, finance (credit exposure), pricing and senior management.
* Understands the customers' business requirements and current arrangements with Schenker, including products shipped, services provided (e.g. visibility), trade lanes, destination services, pricing, transit times and price/value sensitivities.
* Proactively identify potential issues and work to resolve as quickly as possible; proactively informs and provides updates to customers in the event of issues.
* Pro-actively ensures all services are being delivered according to established Key Performance Indicators (KPIs).
* Analyze performance problems in order to resolve systemic issues; monitor changes to ensure desired results; communicate issues/resolution/and subsequent changes to the customers and Management
* Depending on the account size, the CSL will be fully responsible for on-boarding new accounts including setting up and effectively communicating (internal and external) new and revised SOP's to the Operations and Booking groups.
* Work with other account stakeholders regularly and as needed.
* Identify the need and re-on-board existing accounts, as required; work with other account stakeholders as needed.
* Proactively identify opportunities to provide value to the customer by understanding their unique needs and solution-selling or up-selling additional services to suit their needs and assist them with their business requirements.
* Attend customer Monthly and/or Quarterly Business Reviews (QBR) as required and appropriate; conduct business analysis on behalf of the customer in order to ensure that we are on-top of any percolating issues or pending needs
* Proactively updates customers in the event of operational issues that may affect their business.
* Act as audit control for Billing as required - ensuring that Billing is constructed in accordance with customer's unique requirements, and that Billing is up to date and correctly assigned etc.
* Manage customers' daily manual reports and general reporting requirements The individual in this position must be capable of performing all of the essential functions with or without a reasonable accommodation.
Knowledge and Skills (The following minimum requirements are normal guidelines and should not constrain the advancement of otherwise qualified personnel):
- Demonstrated excellence in a Customer Service position, acting in an independent function to solve specific challenges and address customer needs.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent strongly preferred
- Excellent interpersonal and communication (both written and verbal) skills
- Discretion, flexibility and adaptable to a changing environment and shifting priorities
- Advanced problem solving and critical thinking skills (proactive and reactive)
- Self-starter and self-motivated.
- Ability to analyze pros and cons, and make recommendations
- Ability to multi-task in fast paced environment
- Strong analytical abilities and experience
- Ability to respond to customers effectively and professionally
- Awareness of customer and company expectations on all customer service and performance issues
- Ability to think outside of the box and offer effective solutions
- Knowledge of MS-Office applications (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Visio). Preferred skills/experience (either first hand or easily trained):
- 2-3 years of industry experience preferred
- Knowledge of Freight Forwarding / Supply Chain Logistics
- Knowledge of Incoterms
- Knowledge of Ocean Freight Operations
- Knowledge of international ports and geography
- Knowledge of North American ports and geography
- Understanding of geographic and shipping practices (origin & destination)
- Understanding of carriers' pricing structure
- Understanding of carriers' service and routing
- Understanding of the customer's current shipment, statistical and financial status (Credit)
- Understanding of overall department operations and workload assignments
- Fluency in the customer's business
- Understands impact of decisions on corporate operations, fiscal health and optimizing revenue
We offer a number of plans for a variety of health care services and supplies, including preventative care, inpatient and outpatient services and prescription drugs.
The option for separate vision coverage for eye exams, frames, and contact lenses.
The option for separate dental coverage to cover preventative major and basic dental services.
The company offers a pre-tax 401(k) contribution plan with a company match.
We offer direct deposit to all employees.
On a calendar year basis, the Company pays all employees 6 major holidays, including New Year's Days, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Day, plus 4 floating holidays.
At DB Schenker, you are part of a global logistics network that connects the world. A network that allows you to shape your career by encouraging you to contribute and truly make a difference. With more than 76,000 colleagues worldwide, we welcome diversity and thrive on individual backgrounds, perspectives and skills. Together as one team, we are Here to move.
Equal Opportunity Employer-minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity