Onsite Specialist I
This position provides specialized transportation and disposal services to our clients. Responsibilities include manifesting, packaging, spill response, labeling, loading/unloading, coordinating transportation, and sampling/profiling material while adhering to state and federal environmental, health, and safety regulations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Sample waste streams according to prescribed policies and procedures.
• Manifesting, packaging, spill clean-up response and remedial activities, labeling, loading, off loading, and coordinating transportation.
• Maintain a professional image to clients by answering inquiries and suggesting solutions to existing/potential problems.
• Comply and enforce all compliance, health, safety, and procedures in accordance with VES-TS policies.
• Become familiar with all U. S. Department of Transportation (DOT)/Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) and VES-TS regulations required in submitting paper work to expedite disposal of hazardous waste.
• High School diploma or General Educational Development (GED) required
• Bachelor’s degree in Chemistry or related science discipline preferred
• 40-hour HAZWOPER Certification
• Valid Drivers License
• Ability to obtain a Class A or B Commercial Drivers License (CDL) with Hazardous (H) endorsement