Ref ID: 00340-0011759512
Compensation: $75000.00 to $110000.00 yearly
Robert Half Legal is recruiting a Litigation Paralegal for a growing trial law firm in the East Bay. The Litigation Paralegal is responsible for managing the firm's casework. This is a wonderful opportunity to work in a friendly office with a very collegial team and have great hands-on litigation and trial experience.
The following are the responsibilities for the position:
• Open and maintain case files containing medical records, case activity, list of court dates, settlement information, etc.;
• Summarize and upload medical records, radiology films, medical billing, pathology results into database;
• Handle requests for medical, employment, military, Social Security, autopsy, and other records and prepare draft of objections to release;
• Draft responses to interrogatories, discovery requests, and meet and confer letters;
• Obtain authorizations from plaintiffs and provide records to opposing counsel and medical experts;
• Contact physicians and hospitals to get and draft declarations for deposition and trial preference motions for terminally ill plaintiffs;
• Prepare depo notices, book court reporters/videographers, draft and serve subpoenas for witnesses and documents;
• Enter court appearances and discovery / motion due dates into Master Calendar and apprise attorneys of upcoming deadlines;
• Draft pleadings including ex parte applications, noticed motions (e.g., preference, consolidate), offers to compromise, case management conference (CMC) statements, etc.;
• Prepare correspondence with clients, referring counsel, opposing counsel for supervising attorneys signature;
• Phone clients and treaters to update status reports;
• Significant trial preparation (and even war room coordination and trial attendance) work for busy trial calendar.
The following are the qualifications for the role:
• 4+ years experience as a paralegal reviewing medical records and interviewing plaintiffs in a tort/personal injury practice (need for sensitivity and compassion!);
• High attention to detail, very organized, sound decision making and creative problem solving abilities;
• Excellent communication skills, team player but can also work independently, able to work fast under pressure to meet multiple deadlines, and manage numerous tasks for heavy caseload; and
• IT literate and experience with MS Word (good formatting skills needed) and litigation support software; and
• Trial preparation experience is a plus.
This is a direct-hire opportunity. Our well-regarded law firm client pays a base salary of $75,000 - 100,000+/yr, DOE, and great benefits! For confidential consideration, please email your resume to Jon Lucchese, Vice President for Permanent Placement Services Division, to jon.lucchese‹at›roberthalflegal‹dot›com . Thank you!