Searching for an experienced individual in the specialty pharmacy field for a Patient Service Manager role!
This position requires both insurance and benefit verification knowledge, as well as leadership experience.
The Patient Services Manager is a key front-line manager that provides day-to-day management for a team non-clinical Pharmacy Staff (herein “personnel”). The manager is responsible for ensuring the adoption and continuity of best practices, providing ongoing support, coordinating coverage, coaching, performance management, and professional development of direct staff.
• Leads personnel, managing and directing activities essential to provide a high-quality experience for patients and prescribers
• Ensures team accountability and the consistent use of best practices for the execution of the following critical responsibilities: prior authorizations, patient financial assistance, medication refills, and patient outreach • Provides consistent, timely, and ongoing performance coaching, feedback, training, and development to Personnel
• Provide guidance regarding personnel requirements, material needs, contractual requirements, and facility needs • Ensures adequate coverage for all positions when personnel not available (e.g.) absent from work • Identifies, assess, and contributes to continuous process improvement and optimization initiatives
• Assists in identifying and resolving complaints or grievances with patients, prescribers, and clients, as needed
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
• Possess strong organizational and time management skills
• Provides subject matter expertise to support company growth initiatives
• Ability to quickly learn other programs and extract relevant information
• Ability to manage the performance of individuals against quantitative metrics
• Strong communication (oral & written) skills, highly proficient in Microsoft Office particularly Excel
• Patient-centered, organized, high-integrity, motivational, attention to detail, dependable, quality
focus, empathetic, good listener/communicator, a good teacher, able to lead a group of
• Has the ability to effectively train employees, leads by example, and uses motivational techniques
to improve/maintain employee engagement
• Contribute to delivering a positive engagement with all internal teams
• Ability to work well under pressure in a fast-paced work environment and under tight deadlines
• Energetic, highly motivated, team player with excellent attention to detail
• Effective problem-solver with a high sense of urgency who works through barriers for success
within patients, prescribers, and personnel
• Ability to work weekdays, including possible Saturdays and extended business hours, as needed
We know that a company's success starts with its employees. We also know that an individual's success starts with the right career opportunity. As a Best of Staffing® Client and Talent leader, Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive advantage for our clients and rewarding careers for our contract employees. Since 1983, Aerotek has grown to become a leader in recruiting and staffing services. With more than 250 non-franchised offices, Aerotek's 8,000 internal employees serve more than 300,000 contract employees and 18,000 clients every year. Aerotek is an Allegis Group company, the global leader in talent solutions. Learn more at Aerotek.com.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.