Requisition ID # 98509
Job Category : Real Estate / Facilities
Job Level : Individual Contributor
Business Unit: Customer Care
Corporate Security Department at PG&E is responsible for ensuring the Safety and Security of the enterprise. The department provides services for Physical Security Operations, Enterprise Investigations, Communication Operations and Risk Management across the organization. Security functions are led by PG&E’s Vice President - Chief Information Security Officer and Sr. Director of Corporate Security.
The Physical Security Specialist provides oversight and management to guards and contracted security services, perform security assessments and audits on PG&E’s facilities, serve as a main point of contact for all physical security related issues, and partner with both technology solutions and investigation teams for planning, projects and incident management. Extensive travel is required within the assigned PG&E territory.
The headquarter location can be flexible within San Francisco, San Mateo, Contra Costa and/or Alameda counties with 75% of your time spent in the field. Administrative work can be done from your home office. Additionally, the successful candidate for this position must be flexible to respond to emergencies that may occur outside of the assigned territory and may require overnight stays in extended areas of the service territory.
A company vehicle will be issued for work use.
- High School Dipoloma
- CA Driver’s license or ability to obtain by first day of hire
- One year of related military, law enforcement, or relevant security experience
- Ability to pass/maintain NERC/CIP clearance
- Must be able to respond to emergency and support emergency response outside of assigned area
- Ability to work extended hours, nights, weekends and holidays, and various work schedules
- BA/BS Degree
- 5-8 years’ experience of related military, law enforcement, or relevant security experience
- ASIS CPP and/or PSP
- Emergency Management Experience (ISC Certifications)
- Experience with security systems/technology
- Risk management
- Auditing experience
- Project management experience of Security Installation processes
- Experience managing the physical security of a large, multi-site enterprise
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to build and maintain strong partnerships across various groups
- Strong presentation and facilitation skills
- Strong oral and written communications skills
- Previous experience in working for a Utility in a related field for natural gas or electricity
- Ability to prioritize and multitask
- Experience with change management
- Highly adaptive and agile within work environment
- Must be able to do frequent lifting and/or moving up to 10 pounds, occasional lifting and/or moving up to 25 pounds; carry up to 35 pounds of equipment on person daily; and do additional lifting and/or moving ability as required by the job
- Main liaison for all physical security related matters in assigned area, including security operation center, law enforcement, and internal/external business partners.
- Partner with CSD Emergency Response Team and support the Field response to an event.
- Partner with CSD Technology Solutions team and business partners (LOBs) to complete all upcoming projects requiring security integration.
- Work with external clients (i.e. security service vendors and private security organizations) on various projects to ensure that alarms, access controls, and camera equipment are operational and installed according to specifications.
- Work with internal clients, project managers, security operations center, and IT network support on projects.
- Provide technical support to Corporate Security Department (CSD) Investigative Unit and Emergency Planning groups.
- Assess existing security practices and systems and recommend updates to management.
- Conduct site surveys and physical security assessments at PG&E facilities.
- Prepare written and verbal reports identifying security gaps and provide recommendations for alternative security measures.
- Oversee all contracted security personnel and ensure that post order requirements and expectations for sites in areas of responsibility are being met.
- Ensures the safety and security of assigned facilities by assessing vulnerabilities in physical security protection (i.e. physical access, CCTV systems, and locks) and perform site penetration testing.
- Responds to security incidents at assigned facilities and identifies and executes appropriate response to security issues.