SCHEDULE: Varied (approximately 40 hours/ week)
JOB SUMMARY: To safely prepare ingredients required for food service from a sanitary environment.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Functions essential to the performance of this job:
· Responsible for compliance with industry food safety standards.
· Assists in all aspects of food preparation and presentation as needed
· Assists in control of inventory and supplies.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
· Knowledge of kitchen equipment and utensils
· Ability to understand and carry out detailed written and/or verbal instructions independently
· Ability to grasp, lift, reach, crouch, stand, walk, and carry for long periods of time.
· A positive attitude.