Requisition ID # 79606
Job Category : Engineering / Science
Job Level : Manager/Principal
Business Unit: Electric Operations
Job Location : San Ramon
Applied Technology Services (ATS) has been providing technology-based, innovative, high-value services to the company for over 40 years. ATS is a multidisciplinary team of over 120 engineers, scientists, and technicians. The ATS vision is to be a forward-thinking, technological leader providing high-value solutions and services needed across the Company. ATS high value services also help proactively avoid future problems through solutions and methods that are best practices in the industry.
Provides engineering, testing and analysis services and expertise across multiple disciplines to various company organizations to identify, diagnose and solve technical problems. Provides consultation to clients to proactively avoid future problems. Conducts inspections, failure analysis, performance assessments, and evaluations on a wide variety of systems and components. Partners with management to create bid proposals for requested client work.
- Exercises independent judgment in leading teams on the most complex projects with high financial impact to PG&E and/or the client.
- Leads projects determining scope, schedule, budget and preparing and presenting client bid proposals.
- Is the authority in on discipline or type of ATS service and offers breadth of knowledge and performs analysis and projects across several disciplines.
- Develops, prepares and presents findings, conclusions and recommendations to senior leadership using broader perspective, knowledge of business and understanding of longer term implications to the client.
- Provides leadership and expertise in developing new standards, codes, guidelines, polices, techniques, procedures in PG&E technical services. Utilizes a broad business understanding to solve the most complex problems in creative ways, ensuring solutions consider both short and long term business impact.
- Leads project teams in the performance of tests and the preparation of technical reports and specifications. Prepares and delivers presentations and recommendations based on project results/findings, advice and expertise, frequently to senior leadership.
- Identifies new technologies, innovations and cost-reduction opportunities. Conceives and investigates new areas; contributes new designs and techniques regarded as major advances in the company or industry.
- Interfaces with clients, handling the more sensitive issues, to understand expectations, concerns and ensure strong customer satisfaction.
- Represents PG&E and provides testimony or information related to projects or other issues to external customers, agencies or other parties.
- Recognized outside the company as an expert or authority on a particular engineering/technical field or discipline. Represents PG&E and speaks at conferences or seminars. May write articles in trade journals. Influences industry developments.
- Provides leadership to lower level peers. May have one to two direct reports.
- Bachelors’ degree in Engineering with emphasis on related/assigned discipline (i.e., mechanical, civil or electrical engineering, etc.)
- 10 years related experience
- Masters degree
- Deep expertise in one or more specific areas of engineering research and testing concepts, theories, practices, methods, techniques. Breadth of knowledge in several other engineering disciplines, or company business operations.
- Expertise in current and new technologies used in technical testing in area of specialty.
- Depth and breadth of knowledge of quality assurance and control concepts and practices.
- High level and effective project management and team leadership skills to lead the most complex and high impact projects.
- Expertise in investigative and analytical problem solving methods and techniques.
- Excellent organizational skills to effectively monitor and lead technical tests.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills to effectively deliver findings and recommendations to senior leadership.
- Strong customer service orientation, adapting project plan and team leadership to customer needs as appropriate.