Founded in August of 2008, Airbnb’s mission is to create a world where people can belong through healthy travel that is local, authentic, diverse, inclusive and sustainable. Airbnb uniquely leverages technology to economically empower millions of people around the world to unlock and monetize their spaces, passions and talents to become hospitality entrepreneurs. Whether an apartment for a night, a castle for a week, or a villa for a month, Airbnb connects people to unique travel experiences, at any price point, in more than 192 countries.
As Airbnb continues to evolve our business, we are always looking for the best and brightest to drive strategic business decisions. To this end, the Finance team is looking for an experienced professional to lead finance & analytics support for our Lux business as well as support for central GSO projects.
More about Lux: Lux offers a selection of pristine, expertly designed homes with high-end amenities, services, and dedicated trip designers. We give our guests time for what’s important by crafting seamless experiences in the world’s most memorable places, powered by human expertise and hospitality.
The Principal will partner with senior GSO leadership to deliver against our mandate of short and long term strategic planning, decision analytics, budgeting, forecasting, and overall P&L management across the full spectrum of guest, host, and marketplace aspects of the business. The ideal candidate has experience in leading high performance teams as well as rolling-up their sleeves to be a thought leader in helping stand up new analytical frameworks, improving existing processes, and enhancing financial performance for a GTM/operations oriented business.
- Deliver thought leadership and strategic insights through hands-on analysis of key operational booking and sales data, and create actionable recommendations for multiple stakeholders across the portfolio development and guest sales teams.
- Examples of projects across guest and host teams include: evaluating and creating sales incentives programs, opportunity identification for reducing customer acquisition costs, evaluating different customer service levels across customer segments, creating strategies to work with our Hosts to increase conversion efficiency, and new host prospecting.
- Partner with the business in driving performance management, including development and maintenance of portfolio development KPIs, guest sales, creating goals/OKRs and measuring performance
- Lead FP&A and financial operations support for Lux including budgeting, annually planning, monthly/quarterly close, forecasting, variance analysis, long-range planning, financial reporting, P&L management, and other ad hoc assignments.
- Develop a deep understanding of what levers drive growth and efficiency for our business and translating that into tangible improvements in our unit economics
- Identify step-change opportunities through quantitative analysis, industry benchmarks, and competitive research
- 10+ years of relevant experience. Ideally you have an analytical background in FP&A, business operations, management consulting, investment banking, or strategic finance.
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, economics, mathematics, accounting, engineering, statistics or other relevant field that demonstrates quantitative orientation; MBA or advanced degree a plus
- Superb financial modeling skills and extensive experience conducting quantitative and qualitative financial analysis
- Experience with financial management - helping set and manage the business to financial targets
- Ability to work and influence cross-functionally is a must. You are proactive, effective at communicating with different audiences, and can bring different stakeholders on-board. You seek out and have a track record for driving change and impact in a fluid, unstructured working environment
- Strong analytical abilities and able to synthesize complex information. You can comfortably manipulate large datasets, create new analytical frameworks, and synthesize actionable insights and strategic narratives appropriate for an executive audience.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to put together clear, insightful recommendations for peers, managers and senior management
- You’re someone who possesses grit and finds creative ways to get the job done. You bring high energy and the ability to prioritize and deliver in a fast paced environment while balancing multiple projects
- Working knowledge of SQL or some other querying language preferred
- Experience with Workday, Anaplan, or other similar financial management tools is a plus
- Experience with Salesforce, Tableau or other sales and business intelligence tools is a plus
- Experience with travel and hospitality metrics is a plus
Candidate Privacy Notice
If you are a California resident, learn about what personal information we collect about you and how we use it here.