Bayside Solutions is seeking a Process Scientist I, Downstream Purification to be part of our client's team in the East Bay. This is an opportunity to work with one of the largest Biopharmaceutical companies in the world developing innovative medicine to improve the quality of patients' lives.
Our Client's culture is highly collaborative, offers an environment that encourages employees to expand their knowledge in order to make a profound impact on patients' lives. This could explain why their company has been recognized as one of the Top Twenty Employers in biotechnology and pharmaceuticals by Science Careers.
Our Company Bio: Bayside Solutions was founded in 2001, Bayside was recognized as one of the fastest growing professional staffing companies in Northern California. The numbers tell the story: We have close to a 100% client retention rate, 700% growth in four plus years and over 95% repeat business. Our dedication to building partnership relationships with both our clients and our recruits is the key to our phenomenal success.
You can find additional information on our company website at www.baysidesolutions.com.
Process Scientist I, Downstream Purification
- An opportunity to join a patient-focused organization that is driven to develop, manufacture and commercialize medicines to treat life threatening conditions.
- Work for a company that is local to the bay area and recognized as a leader of innovation.
- Competitive compensation commensurate with experience.
- This position is eligible for medical, vision, dental benefits, paid sick time, and 401K.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- The day to day scientific duties of the position will be to aid in the execution of experiments to support the development of downstream purification processes for recombinant therapeutic proteins.
- Downstream activities may include the operation of Akta chromatography systems and miscellaneous filtration systems at lab- and pilot-scale, as well as preparation of buffers and solutions.
- Analytical instruments such as a pH/conductivity meter and UV/Vis spectrophotometer will be utilized.
- The position will also interface with analytical scientists to provide samples, descriptions, and analyses.
- The position will be a fully integrated member of the scientific team, attending and presenting work at core scientific team and functional area meetings.
- Growth in the scientific area of the job is expected and encouraged.
- Bachelor's Degree in Biochemistry, Biology, Bioengineering, Chemical Engineering, or a closely related discipline
- Working knowledge of common protein purification techniques including column chromatography, filtration, and UFDF (hands-on experience preferred)
- Working knowledge of AKTA systems and Unicorn software
- Use of pipettes, balances, and pH/conductivity meters
- Familiarity with UV/Vis spectroscopy, HPLC, and other protein analytical techniques
- Experience using Microsoft Office tools including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work in a team environment