Sponsorship Available: Yes
Relocation Assistance Available: Yes
About the Position
As part of Goodyear’s innovation network, the San Francisco Innovation Lab has a mission to connect with automakers, suppliers and mobility-related startups to build better digital products and data-driven service models for fleets, autonomous vehicles and other mobility applications. The Senior User Centered Designer will manage the experience design of the lab's mobility products and coordiante with product managers, engineers and business designers to deliver the product to customers.
We are looking for a talented designer with proven experience delivering products to market and strong visual design skills to build, test and implement user interfaces. This person will be able to lead the different facets of the design process and influence other teams to achieve digital user-centered designs with appeasing visual quality.
- UX/UI Design - help scope and lead the design of new features for digital products; visual design of interfaces, ensuring styling alignment of UI components with brand guide
- Plan, conduct & lead user research and usability feedback in person and digitally
- Innovation Research, Competitive Research, Market Mapping, Learning about the Mobility space
- Help build the design competency within the product team and mentor and guide other design team members
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in science, engineering, design, or business and Scrum Master Certification required
- M.S (Design or equivalent)., M.B.A., or Ph.D. in Science or Engineering desired
- 5+ years of experience in a fast moving consumer goods, pharmaceutical, electronic, or IT company in the area of ideation and creation of value propositions.
- Prior work and interaction with third parties as related to designing value propositions.
- Demonstrated experience in ideation and portfolio management to drive the commercialization of new products, processes, and services.
Skills and Abilities
- Passion for new technologies, solving problems and learning about how people use things. Good storyteller, can pitch a vision
- Strategic thinking about how design implications impact users’ experiences who balances of autonomy and collaborative work
- "Full-stack” designer who owns each phase of the design process (from research, and concept generation, to final design handoff)
- Ability to communicate and work with engineers to implement designs as intended.
- Receptive to critique, actively solicits feedback from team members and customers and incorporates it to work
Goodyear is one of the world’s largest tire companies. It employs about 64,000 people and manufactures its products in 47 facilities in 21 countries around the world. Its two Innovation Centers in Akron, Ohio and Colmar-Berg, Luxembourg strive to develop state-of-the-art products and services that set the technology and performance standard for the industry. For more information about Goodyear and its products, go to www.goodyear.com/corporate.
Goodyear is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to that individual's race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you need reasonable accommodation to complete the online application, or any other part of the employment process, please contact the Goodyear Candidate Care Line at 330.796.4500.