Important Note: During the application process, ensure your contact information (email and phone number) is up to date and upload your current resume when submitting your application for consideration. To participate in some selection activities you will need to respond to an invitation. The invitation can be sent by both email and text message. In order to receive text message invitations, your profile must include a mobile phone number designated as “Personal Cell” or “Cellular” in the contact information of your application.
At Wells Fargo, we are looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. We are seeking candidates who embrace diversity, equity and inclusion in a workplace where everyone feels valued and inspired.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
The Strategy, Digital & Innovation (SDI) team forges the strategic direction of Wells Fargo, provides and manages our digital foundation and common capabilities, and transforms our business models to meet evolving customer needs and grow the company. The investments we are making will help the company create innovative digital banking experiences and make it easier for customers to achieve their financial goals.
Calling the talented, strategic-minded innovators who are excited to bring meaningful brand experiences to our digital product space, and who are dedicated to a better, more inclusive future!
The Pioneer Studio’s Brand Experience team is seeking a mid-level Product Designer with outstanding focus on human-centered design, and who also identifies as a visual and brand designer. We are especially interested in candidates with experience working within mature design systems who are also capable of art directing for a complex library and software applications.
Our team is a valued practice of brand experts and product designers within our Pioneer Design System, who translate, guide, and apply the new Wells Fargo brand identity to our B2B products. On a daily basis, we partner with our Product studio, UXR, Insights, Content, Accessibility, and Technology teams.
You’re a holistic thinker with a knack for distilling the complex. Your mindset is grounded in business and creativity, and the articulation of the two within your design solutions. This is a supporting role for the right person who is highly organized and accustomed to thinking and working with visual design, brand, and design systems, with potential for growth and refinement to your particular talents and interests.
This is a hands-on role reporting to the lead of the Brand Experience team. Roughly 50 percent of your time will be devoted to discovery, design, art-direction, and documentation work to bring brand definition to our product strategies, with the balance applied to brand guidance, brand systemization, and research activities. You’ll be collaborating deeply with partners, and supporting the adoption of the Pioneer Design System across applications and major business initiatives.
- Help define, guide, and translate enterprise brand standards to commercial-based digital products, to create unified, scalable solutions and standards
- Take ownership of all roles and responsibilities, keeping your work responsibilities on track
- Provide consistent and accurate brand guidance and actionable art direction to projects and teams, within a risk environment
- Produce excellent hands-on design: clean, organized file setup, precise brand specs, and assets
- Push creative standards when required on strategic projects, and align with Brand Experience team lead on overarching strategy and vision
- Evangelize and advocate for the value of our Design System and Brand practices, within the organization and cross-functional teams
- Adhere to established Design System components, standards, toolkits, and best practices
- Help research requirements, provide testable hypothesis, create testing artifacts for UXR, and use collected feedback and data to drive design solutions
- Foster collaborative relationships with all teams, and help reinforce a positive, inclusive culture
***Portfolio/work samples required for consideration***
Location: Required location for this position is 333 Market St, San Francisco, CA and 401 S Tryon St, Charlotte NC. Relocation assistance is not available for this position. This position will work remotely until COVID restrictions are lifted.
- 5+ years of experience in one or a combination of the following: digital customer experience, digital product/program management, digital platforms, or digital consulting demonstrated through work or military experience
Other Desired Qualifications
- 4+ years demonstrated visual design, art and/or brand direction design experience with a portfolio of visual design and branding excellence, and customer-focused design experiences
- Demonstrated practice in systematic aspects of a holistic brand identity, including the specific details typography, iconography, color, illustration, and messaging
- Experience in Project management – create Confluence documentation for projects and weekly status updates, and organize and facilitate work sessions as needed
- Ability to ground your work in design maturity, humbly setting aside your design ego, allowing for objective design solutions that are grounded in business and customer experience rationale
- Ability to apply creative vision through all phases of design, including development
- Expert fluency in Sketch, InVision, Figma, Adobe Creative Suite, Mac OS, Confluence, Jira
- Experience designing with AA compliance standards
- Familiarity with HTML/CSS, front-end mechanics, and responsive design and grid
- Agile: Experience working with large, cross-functional design and development teams
- Prior experience in financial services, in-house design groups, and large organizations helpful
- Bachelor of Fine Arts, Graphic Design, Human-Centered Design, or college-degree equivalent
CA-SF-Financial District: 333 Market St - San Francisco, CA
NC-Charlotte: 301 S Tryon St - Charlotte, NC
- All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
Visit https://www.wellsfargo.com/about/careers/benefits for benefits information.