Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals and branded generic medicines. Our 103,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
At Abbott, we believe people with diabetes should have the freedom to enjoy active lives. That’s why we’re focused on helping people with diabetes manage their health more effectively and comfortably, with life-changing products that provide accurate data to drive better-informed decisions. We’re revolutionizing the way people monitor their glucose levels with our new sensing technology.
WHAT YOU’LL DO .
You will work with the trade, market access, consumer and the healthcare professional sales and marketing teams to support the growth of on-market and new products while building awareness of access programs.
As a member of the consumer access team, you will provide in-depth analyses to create effective pricing strategies to optimize for profitability and be a team player with strong leadership and project management capabilities.
• Lead the execution and maintenance of patient access and affordability programs mainly for continuous glucose monitoring systems
• Aid in the implementation and optimization of consumer access initiatives to improve patient access, adherence, and pricing to meet business and brand goals
• Develop and manage key partnerships and relationships both externally and internally to ensure an optimal outcome for ADC products. .
• Manage efficient and timely delivery of consumer access deliverables (price-value models, access messaging)
• Provide sales and customer support for glucose monitoring products, programs and tactics
• Work with agencies to create affordability campaigns for patients
• Compare prices set by competitors and measure customer satisfaction and adoption based on price
• Coordinate sales, public relations, advertising and marketing personnel to build pricing models and understand the impact of pricing on profit margins
• Understanding contract negotiations as well as proposal development
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE YOU’LL BRING
Bachelor’s Degree with at least 4 years’ experience, with at least 2 years of experience in marketing or product management, or an MBA with 3 years of related experience.
Previous experience in IVD, Medical Devices or a related health care industry. A solid understanding of the commercial device market with pharmacy channel experience. Background in pricing, reimbursement, payer strategy, health economic, strategic marketing, strategic planning, business development and finance.
An understanding of the U.S. healthcare, regulatory and pricing environment
Working knowledge of pharmacy, OTC or MO/DME channels for fulfillment
Proven ability to work and communicate across a matrix organization and ability to lead projects and getting alignment
Excellent oral and written communication skills; proficient in English
Understanding of finance and accounting principles
Possess strong analytical skills, business and financial acumen, and capable of effective use of market research, forecasts and business analytics
Demonstrate strong customer orientation/focus
Working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications, especially Excel
WHAT WE OFFER
At Abbott, you can have a good job that can grow into a great career. We offer:
Training and career development, with onboarding programs for new employees and tuition assistance
Financial security through competitive compensation, incentives and retirement plans
Health care and well-being programs including medical, dental, vision, wellness and occupational health programs
Paid time off
401(k) retirement savings with a generous company match
The stability of a company with a record of strong financial performance and history of being actively involved in local communities
Learn more about our benefits that add real value to your life to help you live fully: www.abbottbenefits.com
Follow your career aspirations to Abbott for diverse opportunities with a company that provides the growth and strength to build your future. Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to employee diversity.