Managesupstream marketing activities for HIV Care portfolio across the African continent.Manages the day to day marketing activities of the organization and developslong-term marketing strategy for the company, reporting to the HIV MarketingDirector for Africa.
Internally,the incumbent will partner closely with global HIV Care Product Manager toensure alignment between customer needs, product design and evidencecollection. Externally, the incumbentwill be expected to interface regularly with affiliates’ upstream anddownstream marketing team’s customers, and any outside vendors to support anddrive the business.
Thisposition will have responsibility and oversight for the development andimplementation of product strategies, programs, and value proposition for ourproducts in the territory assigned driving incremental growth and achievingprofit objectives for the product line in conjunction with the commercial salesteam.
• Creates long and short range strategic product and marketingplans that identifies new market segments, growth opportunity, and createsproduct development business plans that support overall strategic goals.
• Develop, lead and conduct market research to understand areasfor current and future investment and market potential.
• Collaborate with global colleagues and stakeholders toidentify new and existing product opportunities, as well as potential barriersto adoption.
• Analyze clinical and market data and perform market researchto assess viable opportunities and to measure the impact of marketingprograms/campaigns.
• Develop and maintain a deep understanding of the marketlandscape: market trends, customer priorities, and competitive landscape toshape our go to market approach
• Participating and supporting a comprehensive launch plan andstrategy for new product(s), leading product launch process in closecollaboration with, the core team and downstream marketing.
• Ensures products are launched to the market and operationalplan supports expected sales volume.
• Develop robust market, P&L and product forecastingmodels, and provide input on forecast and plans monthly.
• Lead in the creation of value propositions, positioning,marketing messaging and related marketing collateral for single products andportfolios of products.
• Lead in the development of promotional programs, literature,sales aids, sales training programs and advertising requirements for specificproduct lines.
• Manage and coordinate all marketing, advertising andpromotional staff and activities
• Be the expert on assigned product category, possessing anin-depth knowledge of the healthcare industry in general and more specifically,the segments targeted by assigned products
• Analyzing potential strategic partner relationships forcompany marketing
• Plan, organize and attend strategic customer site visits.
• Spend significant time in the field (20-30%) with salespersonnel, customers and industry conferences to understand stakeholder needs,technology trends, competitive landscape, and to stay at the forefront ofmarket dynamics and trends.
• Overall responsibility for brand management and corporateidentity
• Responsible for implementing and maintaining theeffectiveness of the organisation’s quality system
Bachelor’sdegree required, Master’s degree highly preferred
• 5+ yearsmedical device marketing experience
• Provensuccessful project management skills
• Highly collaborativeand comfortable working closely with customers and with a range of cross-functionalbusiness partners
• Highlyorganized and capable of managing multiple projects simultaneously.
• Able toeffectively shift between high level strategic planning and tacticalimplementation.
• Stronganalytical skills, including a proven ability to synthesize and utilize marketdata and customer insights to develop effective marketing strategies,collateral, and communications.
• Strongclinical acumen and ability to come up to speed quickly on new products.
• Able toexcel in a highly regulated, fast-paced environment
• Travel 20- 30%
• Willingnessto “roll up sleeves” to perform at all levels and assist in areas outside ofcore responsibilities
Preferably Fluent in English & French