Important Note: During the application process, ensure your contact information (email and phone number) is up to date and upload your current resume when submitting your application for consideration. To participate in some selection activities you will need to respond to an invitation. The invitation can be sent by both email and text message. In order to receive text message invitations, your profile must include a mobile phone number designated as 'Personal Cell' or 'Cellular' in the contact information of your application.
At Wells Fargo, we are looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. We are seeking candidates who embrace diversity, equity and inclusion in a workplace where everyone feels valued and inspired.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
The Strategy, Digital & Innovation (SDI) team forges the strategic direction of Wells Fargo, provides and manages our digital foundation and common capabilities, and transforms our business models to meet evolving customer needs and grow the company. The investments we are making will help the company create innovative digital banking experiences, and make it easier for customers to achieve their financial goals.
We have two Program Manager roles available that will be focusing on the Become A Customer Consumer Journey within Strategy, Digital and Innovation who supports delivery of the Consumer and Small Business Banking line of business (CSBB). These Program Managers will be directly supporting large efforts for our Deposit Product Group and our scrum teams for the journey.
As a Program Manager, your key responsibilities will include:
- Manages a portfolio of projects, referred to as a program, consisting of the most complex business projects that typically include impacts to multiple systems and processes with significant diversity in the multiple lines of business that are engaged.
- Successfully builds relationships to inform and influence sponsors and key stakeholders, senior, and executive leadership to promote success of program and/or project performance and prioritization, frequently through times of ambiguity and significant, long-term obstacle management.
- Fosters inclusion, and seeks counsel of peers, stakeholders, and/or program/project leads in times of strategically complex or critical ambiguity and adapts planning, communications, and engagements.
- Incorporates multi-business and enterprise support operations organizational/systems/strategies/institutional knowledge/navigation to anticipate change impacts.
- Ensures full understanding of each project's impact to the overall program's objectives and then translates that into comprehensive engagement and management strategies.
- Communicates frequently and effectively to the project team, sponsor, portfolio sponsor, portfolio leader, and stakeholders while maintaining cooperative, motivated, and successful teams.
- When applicable, performs all usual duties of a Project Manager in accordance with policy, methodology and artifact creation. This includes needs identification; resource requirements; project dependencies, planning and progression; financial management; status reporting; prolific and effective communications; ongoing risk assessment and adaptation at the program or project level; and appropriate escalation strategies and implementation.
- Incorporates regular and appropriate consultation with steering committees, executive leadership, sponsors, business and other stakeholders to validate program viability, project trajectory and project performance feedback.
- Ensures that risk controls are met and all required project management policy, methodology and governance routines are adhered to for all projects within the program.
- Assists managers with coaching and developing junior level team members. Regularly coaches other project managers.
- Ensure that all program and project financials are updated in a timely manner and are accurate.
Travel is required up to 20% of the time.
Location options for this role are as follows: Charlotte, NC; Minneapolis, MN; San Francisco, CA
**Due to anticipated high volumes, this requisition may be closed to applicants early**
- 10+ years of experience in one or a combination of the following: project management, project delivery, project methodologies, digital product/program management, strategic planning or implementation
- 3+ years program management experience
- Financial services industry experience
- Ability to articulate issues, risks, and proposed solutions to various levels of staff and management
- Ability to evaluate risks and the impact of decisions on an overall organization
- Ability to identify and evaluate exposures and potential risks
- Ability to operate effectively in a geographically dispersed organization
- Ability to present results of analyses and recommendations to senior leaders
- Ability to work and influence successfully within a matrix environment and build effective business partnerships with all levels of team members
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Knowledge and understanding of audit, regulatory compliance, or risk management
- Knowledge and understanding of product or program management: development of roadmaps, strategies, and management of products ranging from concepts in ideation through to market delivery
- Outstanding problem solving and analytical skills with ability to turn findings into strategic imperatives
- 4+ years of Agile experience
- Ability to influence, partner, and negotiate with senior business leaders to gain commitment to accomplish business goals
- Experience leading effective collaboration across a team of project managers focusing on different functional areas for the same project
- Experience of SAFe (Scaled Agile Framework) experience or exposure to any other scaling principles
Other Desired Qualifications
- 5+ years' experience leading teams comprised of technology experts who collaborate with designers and developers
- Preferred experience with Consumer Small Business Banking or Deposit Products
- Proven program management experience in a scaled agile environment and thorough understanding of value stream delivery model and scaled agile principles and practices. SAFe certification is a plus
- Proven ability to deliver in Agile/Waterfall environment with experience leading coordination across multiple waterfall based systems in Agile methodology
- Ability to effectively partner with senior leaders, scrum teams , delivery leaders and other program managers to achieve greater success in a continuous delivery model
- Exceptional professionalism with the ability to stay composed in high pressure situations
- Experience working on large scale process / technology implementations
- Experience managing projects in a large, matrixed, enterprise environment
- Experience in providing status updates to executive sponsors
- Ability to travel up to 20% of the time
- Willingness to work on-site at stated location on the job opening
NC-Charlotte: 401 S Tryon St - Charlotte, NC
CA-SF-Financial District: 333 Market St - San Francisco, CA
MN-Saint Louis Park: 300 Highway 169 S - Saint Louis Park, MN
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
Visit https://www.wellsfargo.com/about/careers/benefits for benefits information.