If you are a Project Manager with experience managing biotech, life science, and advanced technology projects, please read on!
Top Reasons to Work with Us
Since 1992, we've grown from our humble roots to become the contractor of choice for highly technical and challenging commercial projects as a leading sustainable building and commercial interior construction specialist. With a strong presence in the San Francisco and Silicon Valley areas, our list of clientele has grown over the year to include some of the country's most widely recognized and celebrated brands. We now have 3 offices across the Bay Area that allow us to better serve industry leaders in the biotechnology, environmental services, finance, health & wellness, law, media, real estate, retail, and manufacturing & technology space.
What You Will Be Doing
- Able to perform all Project Managers responsibilities (refer to position descriptions)
- Manage multiple or large, complex projects
- Estimate and establish budgets and contract price (GMP/Lump Sum)
- Negotiate cost-effective subcontract and material purchases
- Set up and implement job procedures and techniques to assure timely buyout, shop drawing approval and material delivery
- Keep project on schedule
- Develop and maintain good relationship with Owner, Architect and Subcontractors
- Work with Superintendent to develop safety plans and to implement safety procedures
- Maintain timely and accurate reporting to management
- Manage, train, and supervise project team according to Company policy
- Organize regular meetings for management and subcontractors
- Review contract conditions; ensure compliance with all contract terms
- Supervise documentation of all significant project events, e.g., accidents, delays, Change Orders
- Direct preconstruction services and activities
- Negotiate, prepare and issue subcontract bid packages
- Assist with business development and participate in job interviews
- Maintain quality control (integrity and excellence of completed project)
- Support estimating staff (bid item specialist)
- Avoid or mitigate claims and conflict
- Complete all job close-out procedures
- Conduct warranty follow-up (1-year warranty walks)
- Complete project with full or enhanced fee
- Complete other responsibilities as assigned
What You Need for this Position
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Construction Management, Architecture, or related field of study
- 5+ Years of General Contractor experience with related project experience in commercial construction (preferably focused in biotech, lab, and advanced technology construction)
- 3 years' minimum supervisory experience as a Project Manager within Commercial Construction
- Full knowledge of computer software (MS Word, Excel, Viewpoint)
- Proficient in P6 scheduling software and experience with Project Controls software
What's In It for You
- Competitive Base Salary (Depending on Experience)
- Performance-based Annual Bonus
- 3 Weeks PTO
- Employee's Choice of Company-Provided Vehicle or Car Allowance & Gas Card
- 401k (with match!)
- Company-provided benefits (partially subsidized)
- 529 College Saving Plan!
- Company-provided Financial Advisor
- Signatory to the Carpenter's and Laborer's Union!
So, if you are a Project Manager seeking an opportunity to partner with an industry leader with a focus in local tenant improvement projects, please apply today!
Email Your Resume In Word To
Looking forward to receiving your resume through our website and going over the position with you. Clicking apply is the best way to apply, but you may also:
- Please do NOT change the email subject line in any way. You must keep the JobID: linkedin : PW2-1685565 -- in the email subject line for your application to be considered.***
Pat Ward - Recruiting Manager - CyberCoders
Applicants must be authorized to work in the U.S.
CyberCoders, Inc is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Your Right to Work – In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.