Job Title: Property Accountant
Process: Video and in-person interviews
Industry and Size: Publicly held commercial real estate company with $3 Billion in revenue
Location: San Francisco, CA 94111
Hybrid schedule - can work remotely 6 days per month (employee can choose which 6 days) and remainder of time is in-office
Background check: Yes and need to be vaccinated to work here
Accountant, Property Accounting
Primary Purpose of Position:
Act as primary assistant to Senior Accountants relating to day-to-day general accounting tasks such as customer/tenant billings, accounts receivable issues, accounts payable invoice processing and other customer and accounting requests, as well as assisting Senior Accountants with financial and management reporting requirements.
- Assist Senior Accountants with the quarterly close process, including preparing lead schedules, supporting schedules and generating reports for audit binder.
- Assist the Senior Accountants in the preparation and review of the operating revenue/expense budgets as necessary.
- Assist the Senior Accountants with all 404-compliance responsibilities.
- Represent Boston Properties as an additional personal contact for customers in resolving Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable questions.
- Perform data entry and updates to the JD Edwards system pertaining to assigned properties including the input of journal entries.
- Prepare the monthly and quarterly Revenue Analysis for the office and retail tenants.
- Explain current and year-to-date revenue and expense variances.
- Generate recurring billing comparison report and analysis on a monthly basis.
- Assist A/R personnel to resolve issues regarding unapplied cash and other tenant billing/receivable issues as necessary.
- Coordinate tenant invoicing through the billable work order system as necessary.
- Coordinate tenant invoicing for building tenant authorizations, and other related charges as requested by the Property Management and Construction Departments.
- Assist Senior Accountant with Lease Tracking responsibilities of which includes obtaining supporting documentation in order to help expedite the process.
- Calculate quarterly sales overage for retail tenants and maintain Sales Tracking Database as necessary.
- Prepare monthly security deposit, letters of credit, accounts receivable, mortgage payables and other balance sheet account reconciliations.
- Assist Senior Accountants with Fixed Asset Schedules as it relates to updating FAS and entering depreciation journal entry.
- Maintain monthly Utility expense and Occupancy schedules pertaining to assigned properties.
- Assist Senior Accountant with the preparation of Real Estate Tax I&E forms.
- Be a positive and productive member of the Core Group.
- Act as back up to other Core Group members.
- Project a positive image of Boston Properties, Inc. to all tenants or outsiders with whom this position has contact.
- Perform day to day requests and special projects as directed by the VP, Regional Controller, Senior Managers, Managers, and Senior Accountants.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Requirements and Qualifications:
- A minimum of an Associates Degree required, with a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Business Administration preferred.
- A minimum of 0-2 years of related experience required. Experience in customer service, billing, accounts receivable, accounts payable or general accounting preferred.
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills coupled with the ability to resolve difficult situations and conflicts effectively.
- Proficiency with word processing, database and spreadsheet packages, specifically Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Leadership abilities in comparable team role and an effective team member and leader.
- Self-confident individual that can operate independently and formulate sound decisions.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks, deal with diverse problems, work under pressure, and meet deadlines.
Internal and External Contacts:
- Regularly interfaces with Boston Properties employees, Property Managers, and tenants.
- This position reports directly to the Senior Manager and VP, Regional Controller.
As a federal contractor and in observance of our company’s vaccination policy, Boston Properties is required to verify that all employees are fully vaccinated against COVID-19, therefore, all offers of employment are contingent on the candidate providing proof of being fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Individuals with medical conditions or sincerely held religious beliefs that prevent them from getting the vaccine can request an exemption from the vaccination requirement.