Consider joining Lancaster Laboratories where people are the most important element in our chemistry. Celebrating 50 years of service, Lancaster Laboratories is a leading contract lab providing testing and research services in the environmental, pharmaceutical, and biopharmaceutical sciences to clients worldwide.
Eurofins Lancaster Laboratories, a nationally recognized laboratory, is searching for a Protein Chemistry Scientist to support our Professional Scientific Services group in Fremont, CA.
Protein Chemistry Scientist responsibilities include :
- Perform routine biopharmaceutical characterization studies including UV/Vis, CE-SDS, size exclusion and cation exchange chromatography by HPLC and iCIEF
- Support other methods such as mass spectrometry (MS) or immuno-based assays for binding and impurity analysis (ELISA, Octet, Biacore), or qPCR
- Independently initiate and execute complex scientific methods
- Conduct experiments and generate and maintain detailed records/documents
- Participate in method development and method transfer activities
- Perform data analysis and troubleshoot methods and instrumentation
- Prepare data for presentation and assist in generating technical reports, and interact with other groups within the department
- Perform review and peer review of analytical data
- Initiate and perform investigations as needed
The ideal candidate will possess :
- Previous experience in protein analytics, conducting and analyzing data for analytical methods including UV/Vis, CE-SDS, size exclusion and cation exchange chromatography by HPLC and iCIEF
- Critical thinking skills, ability to manage time, and attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to work as an independent, self-motivated, detail-oriented, result-driven and highly flexible team-player in a fast-paced working environment
- Proficient computer skills and knowledge of Microsoft applications
- Ability to learn new techniques, perform multiple tasks simultaneously, keep accurate records, follow instructions, and comply with company policies
- BS with 3-4 years or MS with 1-2 years of experience conducting protein characterization methods
- Legally authorized to work in the United States without restriction or sponsorship
Position is full time, working Monday - Friday, 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. Candidates currently living within a commutable distance of Fremont, CA are encouraged to apply.
As a Eurofins Lancaster Labs employee, you will become part of a company that has received national recognition as a great place to work. We offer excellent full-time benefits including comprehensive medical coverage, life and disability insurance, 401(k) with company match, paid holidays and vacation, personal days, and dental and vision options.
To learn more about Eurofins, please explore our website www.eurofinsus.com .
Eurofins is a M/F, Disabled, and Veteran Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer