This position acts as a liaison to senior level airport administration, staff and select off-airport property owners to monitor, evaluate and maintain ongoing operational rights and obligations and the VP Real Estate. Negotiates, drafts, reviews, and revises all operating agreements and real estate leases for operating locations. Provides industry leadership in promoting and negotiating operational efficiency and goals with airports. Responsibilities extend beyond initial completion of the business deal, including the resolution of all disputes during the term of the agreements. This position engages in coordination with the company’s facilities department, and outside counsel or consultants to assist in completion of specific construction projects as necessary. Essential duties and responsibilities, shown below, will vary accordingly based on assignment.
What you’ll do:
- Attends airport meetings regarding operating rights, methods of operation, policy and planning at particular airports.
- Drafts and reviews operating agreements/leases, which give the company the legal right to operate and/or use space at airports.
- Prepares detailed responsive submissions to those airports, which require a Bid, Tender, RFP, or Expression of Interest.
- Attends public hearings of municipal boards and airport authorities when necessary to obtain approvals and/or advocate planning and policy issues.
- Issues Real Estate abstracts on all properties and advises company personnel on issues of interpretation and administration of legal agreements.
- Negotiates leases, acquisitions or dispositions of non-airport and airport used for urban operations and support functions.
- Directs and supervises local company financial, legal, and other consultants in local jurisdictions and attends court proceedings when necessary.
- Assists in acquisition or disposition of franchise operations with regard to airport/real estate issues.
- Attends conferences and stays current with industry standards.
What we’re looking for:
- Juris Doctorate is required.
- 2 to 3 years’ experience with real estate and government matters.
Skills and abilities you should have:
- Extensive understanding of real estate law and real estate values.
- Extensive understanding of governmental procurement procedures.
- General knowledge of the local government operations.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to write clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
- Excellent analytical ability and attention to detail.
Perks you’ll get:
- Clear and defined career paths to pursue
- Access to Medical, Dental, Vision, Life and Disability insurance
- Eligible to elect other voluntary benefits including: Group Legal, Identity Theft, Accident Insurance, FSA, additional life insurance coverages
- Contribute up to $260 as a tax-free benefit for public transportation or parking expenses
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with company matched contributions
- Full training to learn the business and enhance professional skills
- Employee discounts, including discounted prices on the purchase of Avis/Budget cars
- Access to an Employee Assistance Program for services including counseling, financial and legal consultation, referrals for care service and more
Who are we?
Here at Avis Budget Group we're more than just rentals--although over 70 years of experience and 11,000 locations in 180 countries has taught us a thing or two about that. Shaping the future of the mobility industry with our innovative, customer-focused solutions, our globally-recognized brands including Avis, Budget, Budget Truck, and Zipcar connect people to more. This means more convenience, more options, and more time on the road for our customers. But we also connect our employees to more: opportunities, benefits, support, collaboration, and most importantly--power to change the future. Sound your speed? Come join our family.
The fine print:
Avis Budget Group is an equal opportunity employer – M/F/Veterans/Disabled.
This advertisement does not constitute a promise or guarantee of employment. This advertisement describes the general nature and level of this position only. Essential functions and responsibilities may change as business needs require. This position may be with any affiliate of Avis Budget Group.