A premier California law firm, with more than 200 attorneys and legal professionals practicing in San Francisco, Los Angeles, Orange County, and San Diego. We pride ourselves on our team, our focus on creating a well-run business and our exceptional relationships with clients. We are incredibly proud of what we've built and look forward to welcoming new people who are similarly passionate and excited about what they do.
About the Position
The Real Estate Paralegal will provide support to the Real Estate group in the San Francisco office.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed herein are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Must demonstrate good judgment and ability to maintain confidential information. Must be able to multi-task and prioritize while working with minimum supervision. Must be very organized and detail‑oriented. Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to effectively communicate with all levels of firm personnel.
The candidate must be proficient in Microsoft Office and Windows applications.
Title, Survey and Zoning
- Review title exception documents, identify issues, and discuss issues with assigned attorney.
- Request and negotiate pro forma title insurance policies – both lender and owner policies including, if applicable, UCC policies for mezzanine loans.
- Prepare estoppel certificates and SNDAs.
- Review surveys.
- Request and finalize revisions to surveys with surveyors.
- Order and review zoning reports. Request and coordinate revisions / correction with zoning consultant.
- Coordinate preparation of settlement statements with title companies and clients.
- Review organizational documents.
- Order and review certified organizational documents and good standing certificates.
- Prepare and/or review consents and resolutions.
- Obtain EIN for newly formed entities.
- Assemble and circulate organizational documents.
- File organizational documents with secretaries of state, including qualifications to do business.
- Coordinate with search companies regarding independent directors, agents for service of process, etc.
- File and register entities in various states and prepare organizational documents.
Loans and Purchase and Sale Transactions
- Prepare first drafts of loan / loan assumption documents.
- Review documents for blanks / missing information, missing Exhibits, etc.
- Obtain missing information from clients.
- Order and review judgment and lien searches.
- Complete documents and assemble Exhibits for closing.
- Finalize documents for recording.
Closing and Post-Closing
- Prepare signature page documents.
- Coordinate and supervise signing parties when clients come to our office to sign documents.
- Assemble documents.
- Coordinate with title companies.
- File UCC1 financing statements, amendments, assignments, terminations and coordination of filings.
- Follow up with title companies with respect to recorded documents and title policies.
- Prepare closing binders.
Miscellaneous Due Diligence and Other
- Update closing checklists.
- Participate in checklist calls.
- Obtain LEI in connection with rate caps / swaps.
- Download loan documents and other due diligence from client websites.