Join a global professional services leader. We are committed to solving the world’s biggest challenges in the areas of water, energy and urbanization. GHD is looking for an experienced Sr. Port and Maritime Professional to join our Maritime and Coastal (M&C) practice and can be located anywhere in the West Region. As a Senior Professional, you will primarily provide leadership within a growing team, market intelligence in the Ports and Maritime sector, business development leadership and support, technical guidance, and project delivery for waterfront projects in California, Oregon, Washington and the Pacific. This is a rewarding opportunity to demonstrate your industry knowledge, be involved in challenging projects, provide technical solutions and mentor other professionals.
- Assist with market planning and strategy for the Ports and Maritime sector, including within the larger transportation, water and energy strategy for GHD
- Create new client opportunities for M&C and assist in the nurturing of existing clients
- Lead business development initiatives that further the growth of M&C
- Stay current and informed on M&C market trends, client spending, assets, resiliency and logistics
- Involve yourself in local committees, action groups and special interest organizations, with a view towards furthering opportunities and brand recognition for GHD
- Assist in the identification and hiring of key future M&C hires
- Lead and assist in M&C pursuits, both in West region, and where needed, across the M&C global practice
- Lead and support M&C project delivery
- Provide technical guidance to the M&C group on Ports and Maritime projects
- Assist in driving workshare across regions and help coordinate work with cross-discipline teams on other market sector projects
- Provide mentorship within M&C
- Work within GHD’s four Core Values: Safety, Teamwork, Trust, and Integrity
Skills, Competencies, Qualifications:
- Bachelor degree with an emphasis in Civil, Marine, Coastal or Structural Engineering preferred, Masters preferred
- 15+ years of previous experience in the Ports and Maritime industry
- Preferred to have PE in California
- Good communication skills & a motivated attitude. Ability to communicate with a diverse range of professionals from engineers to stakeholders and clients, in person and remotely
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- High ethical standards and a commitment to safety - willingness to travel (if necessary)
Being the best we can be is in our culture.
We are a family of smart, innovative and creative problem solvers. In our employee-owned company, everything feels like it matters more. Challenge us and help us come up with new solutions to ensure water, energy and urbanization are made sustainable for generations to come.
Our commitment to you
Commitment is a powerful word that defines how we do business, how we serve our clients and how we care for one another. We will support your needs by giving you the tools to do your best work and then recognize achievements. We will set your curiosity free to allow brilliant minds to do their best work. We will invest in new ideas, removing barriers where we can. Finally, we will encourage you to collaborate with thousands of diverse people across our global business.
Who we are
We are committed to solving the world's biggest challenges in the areas of water, energy and urbanization. GHD is a global professional services company that is a leader in engineering, construction and architectural expertise. Established in 1928, we remain wholly owned by our people. We are 10,000+ diverse and skilled individuals, yet we are proudly ‘One GHD’ across more than 200 offices, spanning five continents – Asia, Australia, Europe, North and South America, and the Pacific region. Delivering extraordinary social and economic outcomes, we are passionate about building lasting relationships with our partners and clients.
As a multicultural organization, we encourage individual achievement and recognize the strength of a diverse workforce. GHD is an equal opportunity employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants without regard to race, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, marital status or veteran status.